My travel newsletter had an ad for this place at a good rate, so I booked it for my last night in New Orleans. No parking at the hotel so I had to pay $20 per nigh extra for valet...more on this later. The desk clerk told me my credit card was declined. No problem, I have others, but after getting to my room and immediately calling the bank and spending 10 minutes in phone menus and on hold, my bank told me the card was declined because the clerk was entering the wrong expiration date into the machine! Anyway, the hotel was old, but nice. Nice decor, a bit aged, but no more than expected. Bathroom amenities were excellent ( I stole the shampoo), and the beds were comfy. My room overlooked the courtyard and was so quiet I slept with the french doors open to the patio. The next day, I came from breakfast (don't eat breakfast at Mother's) at 10AM, told the desk I would be down in 10 min to check out and to please bring my car. I got my luggage and came back down to check out. After a long wait while the clerk was on a personal phone call, she printed the bill. They tried to charge me $25 instead of $20 for parking because I had a "truck". I was driving a rented PT Cruiser - most defnitely NOT a truck. So then I had to wait while she figured out how to fix it; I think she was stalling so I would tell her not to bother. She finally got it fixed and then I waited for my car. And waited. And waited. And waited. After 40 min I complained and the desk clerk and the bell man interrupted their flirting to tell me there was nothing they could do. Another ten min and I demanded to know where the garage was so I could go get it myself. As I was leaving the hotel, my car pulled up - 65 minutes after I asked for it!!!! Then the valet wanted a tip!!! Unbelievable. I had to drive like a maniac to make my flight. Don't stay if you want good service and certainly NEVER give them the keys to your car. Stay at the Country Inn & Suites about 5 blocks further down Decatur after it turns into Magazine St. similar prices but a much better experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as the French Quarter is perfectly situated in the heart of New Orleans, the Bienville House New Orleans hotel is perfectly situated in the midst of the historic French Quarter. Having just completed a multi-million dollar renovation, the 83-room hotel is a truly distinctive downtown New Orleans hotel establishment. It has a sense of style and grace only to be found in America’s most interesting city, within this New Orleans' boutique hotel accommodations in the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Otel, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bienville House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bienville House Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville New Orleans