This was a getaway over Thanksgiving weekend...for my husband and myself. The location couldn't be better as it is in the heart of the French Quarter. That is what we thought. We would discover that is NOT the case. We arrived Thanksgiving day after driving 9 hours from Dallas. The King room they give us had NO WINDOWS. I thought that strange but being an old hotel - this was an interior room. I asked for a room with windows which was a considerable $$ upgrade but was willing to pay for it. That's when the problems started. Our windows looked out at the NO Fire Department Station. How many fire calls do they get in the night I ask? No answer was given. We then notice that the bathroom has small tiny black ants all over. The interior room had them too. Guess they are not using an exterminator for their hotel!
If you are looking for fluffy white towels and comfortable pillow top mattresses...this is NOT the hotel for that. Better stay at their sister hotel at 3 times the cost for those luxuries. The rooms are very pretty but who sleeps on the curtains?
The worst of it all was the newly opened Night Club just 4 doors down that stays open till 4:00 a.m. Locals would use the street out front as their "drag" while they slowly show off their fancy cars and LOUD STEREO SYSTEMS driving by the club. If I had wanted Bourbon Street...I would have stayed there! Good thing we brought our ear plugs because we needed them!
Staff was great...very helpful and accommodating. Hotel not in the best location because of the "fire station", night club and black ants got to stay for free! Would we stay again? No!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as the French Quarter is perfectly situated in the heart of New Orleans, the Bienville House New Orleans hotel is perfectly situated in the midst of the historic French Quarter. Having just completed a multi-million dollar renovation, the 83-room hotel is a truly distinctive downtown New Orleans hotel establishment. It has a sense of style and grace only to be found in America’s most interesting city, within this New Orleans' boutique hotel accommodations in the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Otel, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bienville House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bienville House Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville New Orleans