We made reservations months ago for a double room with a sun patio and arrived early on 10/26, completed early check in and went to a late lunch. We arrived back at 430pm only to be told a water leak caused ceiling damage and we would have to relocate to Monteleone due to them having no other rooms available, but we could come back to the hotel for the continental breakfast and we were given a lower nightly rate along with a upgrade. I was so upset because we planned this around the Krewe of Boo parade that was coming right by the hotel and I was so looking forward to some wine on the patio.. we drove our vehicle and checked in at Moneteleone where we were informed that we were being booked in to a double b/c Bienville had overbooked. I was so upset! Then we were told it was no upgrade, we were in a room similar to what we had at Bienville just no sun garden, but oh we had a view! No we did not, it was all of roof tops! Then we were told that we were booked for one day, I refused to go back to Bienville after one night so they did change it to two days. Monteleone was pretty but our room was ridiculous, the air was awful, but they fixed it, the refrigerator did not work properly, and worst of all we had to walk to catch the parade and get ready in one hour as opposed to two or three b/c of Bienville deciding to kick us to Moneteleone. I feel we were moved b/c we had a great rate due to advanced booking for two days months before we arrived. We will not choose to stay at Bienville House again! They had our phone number but did not call, they lied about the damage when in reality they just overbooked! We did a early check in but it was not worth the paper it was on. The only bright side was the Manager did take care of one night of valet but whatever...such a disappointment!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as the French Quarter is perfectly situated in the heart of New Orleans, the Bienville House New Orleans hotel is perfectly situated in the midst of the historic French Quarter. Having just completed a multi-million dollar renovation, the 83-room hotel is a truly distinctive downtown New Orleans hotel establishment. It has a sense of style and grace only to be found in America’s most interesting city, within this New Orleans' boutique hotel accommodations in the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Bienville House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bienville House Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville New Orleans