“Affordable place to stay in the french quarter that's away from the noise.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Pierre

You added St. Pierre to your Saves list
St. Pierre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   911 Burgundy Street, French Quarter, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #108 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Houston, Texas
“Affordable place to stay in the french quarter that's away from the noise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

We wanted to stay in the French quarter for under $200 per night without a reservation on President's Weekend, and this was the only place I could find. It turned out to be a great find. I would recommend this hotel to any budget traveler who wants to visit the French quarter.

The room is very basic--no microwave, fridge, hairdryer, or even a clock. But it's very roomy, cozy, clean, comfortable and located in a beautiful historic building. It's a short 10-minute walk to anything you might want to see in the French quarter, but two blocks away from where all the noise comes from. So at the end of the night, you can go back to your room and get a good night's sleep. Both nights we were there, we did hear some of our neighbors come in late (and drunk), but the noise didnt last too long and I think that's the best you can hope for if you want to stay in the French quarter.

The hotel has free parking, but it's very limited. Our first night, we parked on St. Louis in a lot for $25 per day, but the next day we found a spot. They have a security guard watching the lot who lets people in and out, so that was nice.

The hotel has free breakfast and a jacuzzi as well, but I did not partake in either, so I can't comment on them. There is a small grocery store next door that is convenient if you forget anything. I bought a jug of bottled water there.

Overall, just the right place to stay in the french quarter, in my opinion. And if you do visit the french quarter, I highly recommend you stay there, rather than drive or take a taxi from elsewhere. It was much more enjoyable that way.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

We loved this hotel, the staff could not have been nicer. They went out of theirway to be helpful and always available. It is nice to have more parking than other similar hotels nearby. If you want a French Quarter historic and reasonably priced hotel, select this one. It is a nice, safe walking distance to Bourbon Street, but far enough away to be quiet.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Niceville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

I made a huge mistake when booking our stay that would have really caused problems for our trip, thank goodness the reservation staff caught the mistake and made contact with me. I dealt with the manager (Gary) in trying to get issue resolved, he was very understanding and helpful, for which I am most grateful. He went above and beyond in helping me out, truly customer focused.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Jackson, MS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

We stayed one night at the St. Pierre Hotel. The location is great; away from lots of noise but close enough to walk to everything in the French Quarter. If you are looking for plush accomodations and a lavish room, this is not the place for you. Our room consisted of a double bed, dresser, night stand, 19" TV, one picture above the headboard, and an extra twin bed placed in vacant space in the room. The temparature is controlled by a window unit. Our room which was suppose to be non-smoking did have a smokey smell to it. Could have possible come from smoking neighbors, which is not the hotel's fault. Our bathroom was actually spacious, but it was not updated by any means. The room was very clean, which was a little bit of a surprise to me because sometimes the old hotels in New Orleans can be dingy. Our stay was quiet, but the walls of the hotel do seem to be very thin. As neighbors were leaving in the morning, we could hear more noise than just the occasional "bump."

The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating, though we did not have any issues that required any special assistance from them. Free parking is nice if you are able to get a spot in the lot. There is a small continental breakfast that comes with your stay.

Overall, I was pleased with our stay. The rates at the St. Pierre are very reasonable, but with that you have to give up some of the frills of a more expensive hotel. I was safe, comfortable, and the room was very clean. I would stay here again. After all, who spends time in their hotel room in New Orleans?

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

Beware of the St. Pierre. It may be acceptable for a group a college-aged travelers coming to New Orleans to revel in the Bourbon Street nightlife, but it is substandard at best for anyone else. I stayed in one of the Jazz Suites with a small group of friends (5 in all) and my experience was not a good one. I expected a little French Quarter "charm" given the location (which was the only redeeming quality), but old, dirty carpet, mismatched furniture, and a bathroom thas was simply frightening is not what I consider charm. Too many things in disrepair to even begin to list them all.

The "so-called" continental breakfast was box of donuts from the convenience store down the street and a couple pots of coffee. Not to mention the breakfast area doubled as a break area for the hotel staff.

In total my group spent $1300+ for our four night stay at St. Pierre. I guess it goes without saying we overpaid. Frankly, I am wondering where the hotel revenue is being spent. It is certainly not on room upgrades, cleaning supplies, or breakfast.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Pasadena, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed for three nights over the New Years holiday weekend for a room that was terribly overpriced. The beds were too small and there were no refrigerators, microwaves, hair dryers, or clock radio. We were not provided with a newspaper, nor were there any available. There were 70 rooms but only 17 parking spaces. It was stressful to find a place to park where we would not get ticketed. My 71 year old husband has diabetes and it was difficult for us to walk ten blocks with our child from a pay parking garage to the hotel because they didn't have sufficient parking. The area is extremely dangerous and the continental breakfast was very poor. There was no fruit, hot chocolate, oatmeal, waffles, or even grits. Do not stay here! It is a rip off for the money.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

I have NEVER stayed in a hotel as disappointing as the St. Pierre. It was a total dump, the staff was insolent and uncooperative, and there were absolutely no ammenities. Location OK,, but too far uptown, really. The price was cheap - I guess you get what you pay for. I told my friend that if I couldn't stay in a place at least half as nice as my own home, it wasn't worth it to travel. Apparently and shockingly it was recommended by the New York Times, which I will never again have faith in. Updated ??? I don't THINK so.
I have one piece of advice. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE. I rate this a ZERO.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to St. Pierre? Share your experiences!