“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Pierre

You added St. Pierre to your Saves list
St. Pierre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   911 Burgundy Street, French Quarter, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #108 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I've stayed here several times and I'm going back this weekend. The lobby renovations are looking great and I am looking forward to seeing how much progress they've made since my last stay. And the staff was incredible....very accommodating. I have and will continue to recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Vickie P, General Manager at St. Pierre, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the St. Pierre. I want to especially thank you for your lovely comments about your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Good if you are on a budget, but the location is less than ideal at night - it's in an area everyone kept telling us not to wander into after dark. We took taxis home every evening but they were pretty cheap.

We stayed here during a flight cancellation - extending our holiday, and overall we liked it. It was basic, but good sized rooms, clean and tidy and the staff were excellent - Murphy was very helpful with our booking problem.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. Your feedback has been shared with our staff. The St. Pierre is located in more of a residential area of the French Quarter which is 3 blocks over to all the action, but otherwise very safe. Other than the location, I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed on Dec 30 in one of the cottages, then again on the 4th in one of the newly decorated suites. Fabulous! The new lobby just opened with office work space, sterling coffee urns and high-tech computers. It's a quck, SAFE walk to all the quarter has to offer. Staff was very accommodating, and this is our new 'go to' placed when we come to NO. I'll never stay in one of the "giant" chains again! The St Pierre offers the charm and quaintness of this historical area, yet it is updated and stylish. We would highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2014
Vickie P, General Manager at St. Pierre, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review following your recent stay here at St Pierre. I'm so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided to you by our team! I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone. We truly look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to New Orleans, hopefully in the not too distant future!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

If you want to stay at a run down heritage site then this is the place for you. The hotel pictures on the hotel website must have been heavily doctored with Photoshop as all we saw was a hotel in bad need of good repairs. We spent $280 a night for a fairly basic room that had a dated bathroom. There were numerous stains in the 'living room' carpet. The bathroom ceiling was water damaged at one time and the hotel had just painted over the damaged plaster. The free continental breakfast consisted of stale biscuits and bagels, donuts, cereal, coffee, tea, milk, and juice. You should plan to go to any one of the area's restaurants for breakfast if you have time.
It cost $37 a night to park our car in a poorly lit parking lot. The only good thing about the hotel is that it is close to Bourbon Street, but then there are better hotels on Canal Street which aren't that much further from Bourbon Street.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been renovated recently
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. Your feedback is very important to us and will be shared with all departments of the hotel. The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service we strive to provide, and we apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. I would greatly appreciate it if you would be so kind as to giving me a call to discuss the issues you mentioned in your review, my hope being that you would consider giving us another chance to deliver the level of service that you deserve. I can be reached at 504.524.4401.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel was booked online and gave the impression of a good quality well priced hotel.
How wrong they were.
The location is superb, but there are so many other hotels within the area, this hotel really needs to sort itself out to keep up with the competition. We arrived very late at night, were directed to the wrong room, and received no help with our bags (two girls on own). The room, once we got there, was tiny with a small double bed for us to share - the hotel no longer offer twin rooms.....there was no water pressure in our minute bathroom, and it took up to half an hour to wash our hair and rinse off- and we rarely received clean towels, in fact we had to request our room to be serviced and our bins were not emptied.

We had already looked at trip advisor, so didn't hang about for breakfast which looked disgusting. The staff, although welcoming and friendly, were dismissive and at times belligerent. The only redeeming feature, was its location, so if you're going to book in here, beware, you have been warned!
This is my first ever review on TA, but just felt it was important to let you all know.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. Your feedback is very important to us and will be shared with all departments of the hotel. The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service we strive to provide, and we apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. I would appreciate it if you could give me a call to discuss further the issues in your review. I want to invite you back, so that you can see the positive changes that are being made and to provide you with the level of service that you and all of our guests deserve.
ruston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

First of all I would like to note that we booked the room through another site and got a very "good price"...I thought. After staying the weekend I felt we didn't get what we paid for! The location is the only redeeming factor in this place. Having said that, there are many other well located hotels that are a better quality at a comparable price.
The parking was expensive considering that it was an unprotected vacant lot across the street, I was uneasy leaving my car there. There was one person to check people in and there was a line. Although he was polite, the guy that checked us in was terribly overworked and needed help. There was no one to help with our luggage, but thankfully we were only staying a few days and did not have much to carry.
In the room that we stayed in, there was no fridge although the description said that it had one. This always bothers me because I specifically look only at rooms that offer this! It also boasted WIFI but there was none. Maybe you can only use the wifi in the lobby. You could see it on the computer but it was out of range...even though our building was right next to the building the lobby was in.
There was a gated entrance to the courtyard where our room was that was open during the day but locked at night. Although it made me feel safer, it made it difficult to get to our room. I thought that our key to our room would unlock the gate but neither one of our keys did. This meant having to walk through the hotel and the maze of courtyards and buildings to get around to our room.
There was no water pressure and I had to turn the cold faucet all the way off to get lukewarm water. The vanity in the bathroom was too small to put anything on and I had to put my toiletries on the toilet! The door to the bathroom LITERALLY hit the toilet when you opened it because the bathroom was so tiny.
There was about a 3" gap under the door to our room and you could hear people coming and going all night, as well as the early risers. We had hoped to sleep in a little on the last day but we ended up packing up and leaving at 7 in the morning because of the noise!
Lastly, and worst of all there was absolutely something living above our room. Early in the morning the last two days that we were at the hotel, there was a constant scratching and gnawing sound coming from above our room. The first day that I heard it, I thought that it was someone in the room above us, but then I remembered that we were in a one story building! I made sure to note the disturbance to the front desk when I checked out but I don't know if they did anything about it.
I was fooled by all the reviews that said this place had "French quarter charm", maybe their room was different than ours. What we got was a run down, animal infested tiny box of a room with a glorified out house of a bathroom!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us. I shared your review with my front desk staff and department managers, we were all saddened to read about your experience here. Please accept our sincerest apology, because this level of service is not what we strive for and changes are being made. I would appreciate it if you would give me a call to discuss these issues further in hopes of you giving us another chance to show you a true wonderful hotel experience. I can be reach at 504.524.4401.
Chino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

The Hotel St. Pierre is in the perfect location! It is close enough to walk to everything, but far enough away to be quiet and romantic. The staff were amazing. They went way above and beyond to make our trip special. The hotel complementary breakfast was nothing special. You are in New Orleans, good food is never hard to find. Take a walk down the street to get your breakfast. If you are coming to NOLA to experience good music, amazing food, warm people, rich history and great bars this hotel is the place for you. It has everything close enough to stumble too!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to St. Pierre? Share your experiences!