“Hotel St Pierre” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Pierre

You added St. Pierre to your Saves list
St. Pierre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   911 Burgundy Street, French Quarter, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #108 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
NYC
“Hotel St Pierre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a fantastic choice for a budget hotel.It's immaculately clean and the grounds are just beautiful. It's in a safe part of the French Quarter-just far away enough from the madness. The staff were friendly and helpful.The breakfast left a little to be desired,but that left more room for poboys! I am already planning my next trip back to St. Pierre.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

From the outside this place looks nice, but the rooms are old and dark. The bed was uncomfortable and there was no water pressure. There is no refrigerator. I would not stay here unless you plan to just stop there to sleep and that is it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Vickie P, General Manager at St. Pierre, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback so that we can use it in our ongoing efforts to improve our staff's customer service and therefore our guests' experience. Our hotel is under new management and renovation.

We believe this to be a charming historice French Quarter gem with tons of potential and most of our guests see it as such. While every effort is being made to upgrade our lobby and guest rooms, we have only been here a few short months and this is a process that takes time. New bedding, mattresses, furniture, flat screen televisons, mini-refrigerators, and microwaves are on order and our lobby and rooms will be completely redone by late summer.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience. We hope you will give us another chance after our upgrades have been completed.
Columbus, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Let me start by saying the place looks nothing like what is advertised. The water barely came out the shower. The out dated small TV had a green screen that when you turned up the volume it changed the channel and with no remote.They tried to charge me for parking at $37.00 in this tiny parking lot. I had to inform them it came with my package.I informed housekeeping and showed her my legs with all these bites on them , she said it looked like i was allergic to the soap. i explained to her that i was itching in bed all night and that I travel with my own soap. My legs are sore and really red.When I made the management aware i was unhappy and wanted a refund, this is what I was told " You called down before you came about the reviews, so you were aware of the conditions of the place". Now on that call I was informed that the reviews were untrue and that they have newly renovated rooms. Also showed the advertisemnet to Troy at the front desk who did not believe it was stated on site newly renovated rooms. If you want to enjoy your trip, don't stay here.To all my military friends we always pass down a bad review when we know when we travel for fun we want the best.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We were sorry to learn that you were dissatisfied with your stay. Your feedback is important to us as we share it with our staff in striving to continue to improve the guest experience here.

The hotel is under new management and our rooms and lobby are currently under renovation slated for completion late summer. New furniture and bedding have been ordered along with flat screen televisions. We were shocked to see our rooms advertised as "newly renovated" and have requested that the online travel agency you booked through remove all verbiage stating this from their websites until the upgrade is completed.

As you can see from our reviews many of our guests have had positive experiences and for any who have not, every effort is being made to address those concerns as we progress.
This hotel is a historic gem with a great location and loads of ambiance. As stated we are improving our product as quickly as possible but it is a process. It is not our policy to mislead anyone at any time. Upon your departure a thourough examination was made of your room, carpet, bedding by our Executive Housekeeper, our exterminator, and myself and we found no evidence of anything that could have caused the reaction you described. This leaves us to wonder if this was a reaction to chemicals used in our laundry since we have never had any complaints like this before or since. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations. Should your travels bring you back to New Orleans, please give us another chance to show you true Southern Hospitality.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a nice property in a great location just a couple of blocks from Bourbon St. Overall, the rooms were simple but very well-kept and clean! The overall property was maintained well and there were always staff working on the property cleaning, landscaping, etc. It was nice to see the owners wanted to make sure that the property was maintained. My only minor concern was that the front desk clerk was not the friendliest when we checked in which gave an immediate bad impression. However, that was the only small issue that we could even dispute.

I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Your kind words were very much appreciated and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very fortunate to have acquired this historic landmark and to have the opportunity to bring it back to life. It offers a unique guest experience with a real residential French Quarter feel.

Every effort is being made to improve our customer service throughout the hotel on an ongoing basis. Your candid review will help us with that training. Thank you and please come back!
Plantation, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We truly enjoyed our stay at this wonderful little hotel. The hotel was recently acquired by new ownership and you can tell it is a work in progress, but everyone was friendly, the room, clean and comfortable and within walking distance of the busier parts of the Quarter.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of our property and all our efforts to renovate and upgrade this historic inn. We feel that the work being done to preserve this example of early French Colonial architecture and the lovely gardens within our walls is so important to our great city and its heritage. We know that these things take time and we are committed to this restoration and so excited to be able to bring a landmark back to life!
Tampa, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Hotel was ok,However my truck was damage while in the care of the parking lot service and the parking people deny any claim.I have 4 people in my group that witness there was no damage on my truck when they took it to park.I have been dealing with issue for several months and keep getting run around from everyone.I may have to sue them to get satisfaction.So not only did I pay alot to stay here I guess I will pay alot to sue them also to fix my truck.Beware of them parking your car,they cost alot and they will lie if they damage it. ERIC JUDD
UNHAPPY PERSON

Room Tip: My tip for you is to not allow them to park your car ...they will damage it then lie about it and no...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Now, in all fairness I have stayed with these properties before and a lot of the reviewer's comments on here "were" valid. I go to New Orleans on average once a month and for most big events. I would also like to point out that I have on MANY OCCASIONS given scathing reviews of hotels that deserved them! I have written letters, emails and confronted the managers at many hotels and been brutally frank and told them exactly what I thought about their so called "customer service" & their "hotel accommodations & staff". So this by NO means is a puff piece review and as I said I have stayed here before and had vowed not to do so again! But sometimes second chances and a mistake can turn out to be a good thing!

My 1st return to this property was for the Easter festivities a few months back and truth be told had it not been for a friend booking my room (thanks for that Jimmy L.) I probably would not ever have come back! On previous stays the staff was ATROCIOUS! NASTY and out right RUDE at times! He convinced me to give it a try and AM I GLAD I DID! The staff had done a complete 180turn around! They were friendly and helpful to the "T". Folks, being from California I know what "I" expect of a hotel but in New Orleans, ESPECIALLY the French Quarter you have to understand that the hotels are going to be a bit smaller when it comes to rooms, properties are much older than the new fangled hotels but the ambiance, style and quaint"ness" of the rooms lends themselves to an era long ago in the French Quarter. Most people are used to the big chain hotels and in truth so am I, but to be in a building in an area that boasts a century's or more rich culture...this hotel is IT! These rooms remind you of boutique hotels if you've ever stayed at one.

They are upgrading the properties and I can't wait to see what the new St Pierre looks like. Every business has its difficult employees and this hotel is no different but with the SUPERB EFFORTS of Ms Vikki & Ms Jodi, this hotel is making/planning HUGE changes in the near future! I met both of these fine young ladies on my last trip and through conversations with both learned that they were recently brought on to manage, address and upgrade the whole hotel from the ground up! The owner's of the hotel sure did THEMSELVES A FAVOR when they brought on these 2 ladies...woowee "SPITFIRES" the both of them. They were concerned with their guests stay, how they were treated and their accommodations! These 2 are going to bring the hotel St Pierre up and out of the muck of the bad reputation that it has had for so long! Thank you ladies for the attention to detail and for the concern with my stay! AS A MATTER OF FACT I had such a pleasant experience during my last stay I will be staying with them again at the end of June2013 and into the beginning of July which is just right around the corner!!!

FOLKS if you're looking for the fanfare & grandeur of the big chain hotels then this might not be for you but if you're willing to keep an open mind and want the experience of "OLD NEW ORLEANS CHARM, GRACE & STYLE" then this is the place for you! Thanks again Ms Jodi & Ms Vikki "YA'LL ARE THE BEST" (heard that term so many times felt I had to use it ;)) and I'll be seeing you when I get back!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to St. Pierre? Share your experiences!