“What do you expect for JazzFest??” 3 of 5 stars
Review of St. Pierre

Save Saved
You added St. Pierre to your Saves list
St. Pierre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   911 Burgundy Street, French Quarter, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #113 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Cincinnati, Ohio
“What do you expect for JazzFest??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Hey, this is an average hotel room with the "ambiance" of the quarter... If I were to spend 3/4 of my visit in the room, instead of all the distractions of N.O., I might be a bit more discriminating... To be fair, the hotel is a collection of small buildings, probably homes that have been cobbled together. There is a quaintness of the whole scene here at the St. Pierre. The lobby is being renovated during the month(s) of may/june 2013, so I expect that possibly the room renovations are on the list... Bottom line, the room was functional, clean and had a bonus "3rd bed"...

Room Tip: Room 107, right on the street, had a third (single) bed in addition to two double beds. Decent size...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had a very nice stay at this hotel. We came for a girls getaway. We were very wary of all the reviews we read after we booked. But when we arrived the front desk was very helpful. Parking was very small so we had to park blocks away but that's NOLA for you. Room was clean and accommodating. Probably will come back. Location was very close to Bourbon and Decatur.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I want to start by saying we are totally low maintenance and It takes A LOT for me to say something negative about a place. We really wanted an authentic experience on our visit to New Orleans so we picked the St. Pierre. I'm not sure where the pictures from the web site came from but it was NOT what we walked into. Not one single person was friendly at the front desk. Never greeted you or looked up when you were passing through. We always tried to say hi or ask for information about local places and it was like we were putting them out. We had two kids with us and the room was so tiny. Not enough towels in the room and just really not that clean. They gave us a code for the Internet , didn't work. TV was ancient and just thrown on top of a low night stand at the front of the room. Couldn't see it laying in bed. I think if the staff had been even remotely friendly everything else could have been over looked. I would suggest if you are looking into this place that you look around and find something more family friendly. The continental breakfast was so sad. It was literally a jug of orange juice, one container of cereal (the other was empty and never filled during our three days) some donuts that were eventually brought in late and some biscuits that were NOT fresh. Our kids couldn't even get in the pool because it was so dirty, cracked all around the plaster and freezing! They have these drawn up pictures of future plans for the place so maybe in a few years it will be better?

Room Tip: If you stay here request a room away from the street or you will NOT sleep. Super loud.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Norwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Being a fanatical research of vacation locales, I was getting a bit nervous reading all the negative reviews associated with this hotel. To read some of them, this place was a cesspit of trash and infestation.

Nothing could be further from the truth. We had a king bed room in the main set of buildings. The room was clean, and I never saw a single insect in the room. True, it was a bit rough around the edges. But, the buildings are several hundred years old, and they are renovating. My wife and I can't wait to go back and see all the changes that they are in the process of making.

Great location too. Just 2 blocks lakeside of Burbon. Could not hear any noise at all, so location is perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Just returned from Jazz Fest, we stayed at the Hotel St Pierre in the Quarter. I will say that I went in a little bit nervous due to the reviews. I was thrilled with the hotel. Our room (146) was large and charming with a balcony overlooking the street. It was very fresh with new carpet, bathroom and bedding. The staff was friendly, and the Bellman Patrick was a delight. I looked forward to returning on my next trip to NOLA. I will definitely recommend this sweet little Hotel to everyone I know.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

After booking a 3 night stay for ourselves and 4 other people in 3 separate rooms some people began questioning our choice of hotel. I started looking at online reviews and was horrified. There were stories of rats and filth. I told the other people in our party that if it was terrible we would find other accommodations and I would foot the bill. When we checked in we were delighted to see a nice lobby staffed by Troy. Well groomed, congenial, appropriately dressed in a 3 piece suite, calm and efficient under stressful conditions as many people were checking in and out at the same time, answering the phone and arranging tours and transportation for groups without breaking a sweat. Being cautions because of the previous reviews I asked to see the rooms we had reserved. He patiently took us to the suites to see for ourselves. They were all spacious, clean and well appointed. Do not get me wrong. This is not the four seasons but it is an exceptional value. The courtyards are a relaxing place with tropical plants and inviting pools. The ambiance is perfect for the French Quarter although I would have liked more information about the history of the original buildings and slave quarters. The common areas are well maintained and clean and a perfect place to gather for breakfast or after dinner. The breakfast is as described. They could be more honest about the parking but coming from Philadelphia, I did not find the daily rate for valet parking exorbitant. This hotel is in an excellent location. We felt safe at all times. There are convenience stores across the street that sell anything you might need including wine and beer at reasonable prices. My wife, who wears a brace on one leg was able to walk to everything we wanted to see and to all of the best restaurants with no trouble. If we return we would gladly stay there again and we are demanding consumers.

Room Tip: spend a few more dollars and get a suite
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We visited NOLA last Thanksgiving. We decided to stay here because this is the only hotel in the French Quarter that offers free parking although it is on a first come first serve basis. It is quite old but pretty well maintained. Front desk was very helpful. However, our room was right by the sidewalk. We could hear conversations from the streets and woken up by the trash truck at the wee hours.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to St. Pierre? Share your experiences!