“Don't believe the negative” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Pierre

Save Saved
You added St. Pierre to your Saves list
St. Pierre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   911 Burgundy Street, French Quarter, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #108 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Norwich, Connecticut
“Don't believe the negative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Being a fanatical research of vacation locales, I was getting a bit nervous reading all the negative reviews associated with this hotel. To read some of them, this place was a cesspit of trash and infestation.

Nothing could be further from the truth. We had a king bed room in the main set of buildings. The room was clean, and I never saw a single insect in the room. True, it was a bit rough around the edges. But, the buildings are several hundred years old, and they are renovating. My wife and I can't wait to go back and see all the changes that they are in the process of making.

Great location too. Just 2 blocks lakeside of Burbon. Could not hear any noise at all, so location is perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

408 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Just returned from Jazz Fest, we stayed at the Hotel St Pierre in the Quarter. I will say that I went in a little bit nervous due to the reviews. I was thrilled with the hotel. Our room (146) was large and charming with a balcony overlooking the street. It was very fresh with new carpet, bathroom and bedding. The staff was friendly, and the Bellman Patrick was a delight. I looked forward to returning on my next trip to NOLA. I will definitely recommend this sweet little Hotel to everyone I know.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

After booking a 3 night stay for ourselves and 4 other people in 3 separate rooms some people began questioning our choice of hotel. I started looking at online reviews and was horrified. There were stories of rats and filth. I told the other people in our party that if it was terrible we would find other accommodations and I would foot the bill. When we checked in we were delighted to see a nice lobby staffed by Troy. Well groomed, congenial, appropriately dressed in a 3 piece suite, calm and efficient under stressful conditions as many people were checking in and out at the same time, answering the phone and arranging tours and transportation for groups without breaking a sweat. Being cautions because of the previous reviews I asked to see the rooms we had reserved. He patiently took us to the suites to see for ourselves. They were all spacious, clean and well appointed. Do not get me wrong. This is not the four seasons but it is an exceptional value. The courtyards are a relaxing place with tropical plants and inviting pools. The ambiance is perfect for the French Quarter although I would have liked more information about the history of the original buildings and slave quarters. The common areas are well maintained and clean and a perfect place to gather for breakfast or after dinner. The breakfast is as described. They could be more honest about the parking but coming from Philadelphia, I did not find the daily rate for valet parking exorbitant. This hotel is in an excellent location. We felt safe at all times. There are convenience stores across the street that sell anything you might need including wine and beer at reasonable prices. My wife, who wears a brace on one leg was able to walk to everything we wanted to see and to all of the best restaurants with no trouble. If we return we would gladly stay there again and we are demanding consumers.

Room Tip: spend a few more dollars and get a suite
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We visited NOLA last Thanksgiving. We decided to stay here because this is the only hotel in the French Quarter that offers free parking although it is on a first come first serve basis. It is quite old but pretty well maintained. Front desk was very helpful. However, our room was right by the sidewalk. We could hear conversations from the streets and woken up by the trash truck at the wee hours.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful quaint hotel. Perfect french quarter charm. Two blocks from bourbon st. Booked on hotels.com. BUT parking is not included and is FORTY dollars a day!!! The room was only $130! Desk staff was just okay but valet and bellhop service was excellent! Patrick took care of us when we checked out. Very gracious man. Different man helped us when we arrived. he also added to our positive experience. Uniform added to the charm. Decent breakfast included. Would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013
Cairo, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have been staying at the Hotel St. Pierre for many years. I have always loved the quaintness of the place and the great location. A couple blocks from Bourbon St., the Quarter Grocery on the opposite corner, wonderful Po Boys. I have loved staying in these historic buildings for many years and now under new management it is getting a face lift. They are making some wonderful changes and upgrades. Each time I go back it is exciting to see what they have done and to hear about what is coming next. Reading the reviews posted here it seems that some people have had some not so good experiences at Hotel St. Pierre, but I think you owe it to yourself to give them another chance. I have gotten to know Vicky and Jodi, the new management, and they are working very hard on the remodeling and also at addressing peoples concerns. When I was there Easter weekend I was in one of the courtyards when a lady came up and asked if I knew if any of the Apartments were for rent. I explained to her that it was a Hotel and her reaction was "Wow a Hotel" Yes Mam. I will definitely be back. Thanks Vicky and Jodi.

Jimmy L.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

can not understand why people are giving bad reviews we stayed here for 5 nites at the start of april .room looked like it had been renovated,front desk was helpful.good location on one of the quieter streets in the french quarter. would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to St. Pierre? Share your experiences!