“Great Value for the French Quarters” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Pierre

Save Saved
You added St. Pierre to your Saves list
St. Pierre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   911 Burgundy Street, French Quarter, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #108 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Bagdad, Florida, United States
“Great Value for the French Quarters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed two nights at the St. Pierre. It was clean and the staff was very friendly. There was a charm to this well preserved hotel. The next time we stay in New Orleans I hope to stay at this quaint little hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Vickie P, Manager at St. Pierre, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thanks for taking a moment to share your visit at Hotel St. Pierre. Your positive comments about the staff and service are much appreciated. We really enjoy knowing that you had a great stay!

404 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

This is possibly the worst place I have ever stayed at. The customer service was bad, almost worse than the small rooms. The stay was so bad that I am going to make a time machine and go back in time and warn myself not to stay at this hotel

• Stayed March 2013
Vickie P, Manager at St. Pierre, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to alert us to the issue that you dealt with during your stay with us. We have recently taken over this property and are currently working on our renovation plans and other concerns such as customer service training. Your feedback will certainly help us that. If you're ever back in New Orleans we would love to have you back to our hotel so we can show you some true southern hospitality.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Felt like this hotel could not wait to have me check out.. My flight was leaving in the late afternoon so I needed to do something during the day to make time pass. The staff were rude and wouldn't even guide me in a direction of a good brunch place. I've never felt less welcomed at a hotel in my entire life and I've stayed at a fair amount of hotels. Find a different place to spend the night, the quarter is filled with lots of cool and wonderful places to stay, st. Pierre is just the worst.

• Stayed March 2013
Vickie P, Manager at St. Pierre, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay with us. Your feed back will be shared with the staff in our continued effort to improve. We have plans under way for the start of renovations in May of this year, and have started on customer service training. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations. Should your travels bring you back to New Orleans, please give us another chance to show you true Southern Hospitality.
Fairhope, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Hotel was nice for the price..... great price from Bookit.com. Good location. However some of the front desk staff were not very friendly. Also they tried to charge us $36 per night for parking...even though my print out for the booking said "free parking if available" and it was available.........also the flyer that i picked up at Visitor information on the way there also said free parking ??
The room was supposed to be ready at 3pm it was not ready till 4pm and we had a wedding rehearsal to be at for 4:30 We looked in at the room several times to see if it was ready and the maid had the TV on !!
Carpet was old and sticky with an iron burn all the way through. I would stay there again for the same price, but not more.

Room Tip: Stayed in a downstairs courtyard room and it was fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Laurel, Delaware, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My first impression of the hotel was OMG what have I done. I reviewed the hotel before booking the trip but was shocked to see the narrow street and the barely noticeable hotel. New Orleans, French Quarter was on my bucket list so I booked for my 60th birthday. Upon arrival, we were shown to a functional and serviceable room. There were no amenities like a refrigerator, or even a headboard for the king size bed. The bathroom was tiny, I mean really tiny. But, the vacation was paid for so we decided to make do. The next day, we realized that we were in a French Quarter Gem. We were close to everything that we wanted to do and see, we were safe, had a nice courtyard, a grocery diagnolly across from the hotel, the staff was friendly, the room was clean and the coffee was good. I would have given another star if we would have had a refrigerator in our room. Even though my shower curtain liner was 6 inches above the tub and the European breakfast consisted of mainly donuts, I will definitely go back. If you are looking for affordable accomodations within the Quarter, this is the place to go.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the cottages, and a larger bathroom. Some rooms have tiny ones, some have better one...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New Braunfels, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just returned from a stay in the French Quarter and I was pleasantly surprised. Clean room with quaint patio to sit outside. Historic buildings with brick wall interiors. 24 hour Grill and Deli across the street came in handy a few times. The breakfast was also adequate with the regular Continental fare, but also fresh fruit and strong coffee. Free parking. The family liked it and we will return.

Room Tip: I recommend the room by the pool. 117 was a good one!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked this room well in advance because I saw it on a site and the photos made it look very quaint and charming. We booked a Deluxe room, paying extra, thinking that there would be more space, a nicer room, etc. The site said it would have either a balcony or would open onto the courtyard. Our room ended up being in a corner where the stairs led to the upper floor, so we had no balcony, unless you counted the top of the stairs. We also had no idea we would have to drag all our lugggage up the stairs by ourselves, but that was not a big issue. The big issue was the condition of the "deluxe" room. There was not room to walk around the beds, much less put suitcases. The carpet was dirty and worn and the floor was not level. Also our air conditioner/heater did not work. We stayed in November and arrived late the first evenening. There was no parking, so we put our suitcases in the room and went to park the car and didn't check to see if the heater worked. It was November, and the temperature dropped into the 40's that night. With no heat in the room we froze! The next morning we went to the desk and the person there said that they would send someone to check it out, that it could just be that the remote needed a battery. We were gone until mid afternoon and when we returned the weather was very warm. We tried the air conditioner and it still did not work-not even the fan! We returned to the front desk and were told that the maintenance guy was gone for the day. Other things to be noted, but that didn't bother us as much were that the television did not work and the pool was out of service. I hear that this hotel is getting a face lift and maybe in the future will have regained some of the charm it originally had. On a positive note, when I contacted the manager the following week, she offered a free night's stay.

Room Tip: We peaked inside a suite on the bottom floor that had a jacuzzi. It looked very spacious and nice. I...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to St. Pierre? Share your experiences!