“Pros and Cons !!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Pierre

You added St. Pierre to your Saves list
St. Pierre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   911 Burgundy Street, French Quarter, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #108 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Fairhope, Alabama
“Pros and Cons !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Hotel was nice for the price..... great price from Bookit.com. Good location. However some of the front desk staff were not very friendly. Also they tried to charge us $36 per night for parking...even though my print out for the booking said "free parking if available" and it was available.........also the flyer that i picked up at Visitor information on the way there also said free parking ??
The room was supposed to be ready at 3pm it was not ready till 4pm and we had a wedding rehearsal to be at for 4:30 We looked in at the room several times to see if it was ready and the maid had the TV on !!
Carpet was old and sticky with an iron burn all the way through. I would stay there again for the same price, but not more.

Room Tip: Stayed in a downstairs courtyard room and it was fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Laurel, Delaware, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My first impression of the hotel was OMG what have I done. I reviewed the hotel before booking the trip but was shocked to see the narrow street and the barely noticeable hotel. New Orleans, French Quarter was on my bucket list so I booked for my 60th birthday. Upon arrival, we were shown to a functional and serviceable room. There were no amenities like a refrigerator, or even a headboard for the king size bed. The bathroom was tiny, I mean really tiny. But, the vacation was paid for so we decided to make do. The next day, we realized that we were in a French Quarter Gem. We were close to everything that we wanted to do and see, we were safe, had a nice courtyard, a grocery diagnolly across from the hotel, the staff was friendly, the room was clean and the coffee was good. I would have given another star if we would have had a refrigerator in our room. Even though my shower curtain liner was 6 inches above the tub and the European breakfast consisted of mainly donuts, I will definitely go back. If you are looking for affordable accomodations within the Quarter, this is the place to go.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the cottages, and a larger bathroom. Some rooms have tiny ones, some have better one...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New Braunfels, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just returned from a stay in the French Quarter and I was pleasantly surprised. Clean room with quaint patio to sit outside. Historic buildings with brick wall interiors. 24 hour Grill and Deli across the street came in handy a few times. The breakfast was also adequate with the regular Continental fare, but also fresh fruit and strong coffee. Free parking. The family liked it and we will return.

Room Tip: I recommend the room by the pool. 117 was a good one!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked this room well in advance because I saw it on a site and the photos made it look very quaint and charming. We booked a Deluxe room, paying extra, thinking that there would be more space, a nicer room, etc. The site said it would have either a balcony or would open onto the courtyard. Our room ended up being in a corner where the stairs led to the upper floor, so we had no balcony, unless you counted the top of the stairs. We also had no idea we would have to drag all our lugggage up the stairs by ourselves, but that was not a big issue. The big issue was the condition of the "deluxe" room. There was not room to walk around the beds, much less put suitcases. The carpet was dirty and worn and the floor was not level. Also our air conditioner/heater did not work. We stayed in November and arrived late the first evenening. There was no parking, so we put our suitcases in the room and went to park the car and didn't check to see if the heater worked. It was November, and the temperature dropped into the 40's that night. With no heat in the room we froze! The next morning we went to the desk and the person there said that they would send someone to check it out, that it could just be that the remote needed a battery. We were gone until mid afternoon and when we returned the weather was very warm. We tried the air conditioner and it still did not work-not even the fan! We returned to the front desk and were told that the maintenance guy was gone for the day. Other things to be noted, but that didn't bother us as much were that the television did not work and the pool was out of service. I hear that this hotel is getting a face lift and maybe in the future will have regained some of the charm it originally had. On a positive note, when I contacted the manager the following week, she offered a free night's stay.

Room Tip: We peaked inside a suite on the bottom floor that had a jacuzzi. It looked very spacious and nice. I...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We reserved a room in this hotel because every single other hotel for 50 miles was full and because it was in the French Quarter. When we got there we found the room tiny (too tiny for anything but a bed and a chest of drawers) and the decor very worn and shabby. The wireless connection did not work in the guest room, when it worked at all. There was no hairdryer and no coffee maker in the room. We killed a large roach in the bathroom. If it were not for the location, this hotel would be able to charge no more than $50 per night. We changed hotels as soon as we could.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Check in time for this hotel is listed as 3 pm. We came in after 3 to a very long check in process that was slow and took way too long. Towards what felt like the end the GSR looked across the lobby and asked if our room was ready to a housekeeper. She stated it was; however, when we went to the room they assigned us, I walked into a room with a man passed out asleep in the middle of the bed. I slammed the door out of embarrassment and went back to the front desk and explained the situation. The housekeeper who showed us to our correct room was extremely nice and accommodating, but the two people at the front desk looked like it didn't seem to bother them that they sent us to a room where someone was already occupying it. We love this city and visit quite often so we weren't going to let this ruin our stay by any means. I do have to honestly say that while the location is amazing with everything within walking distance, the room is no where near as charming as they look online. There were stains on the sheets, hair matted to the shower wall, and water gathered under our bathtub which made it pretty uncomfortable to shower. Sorry to complain, but this hotel has such potential and definitely needs a positive change.

• Stayed February 2013
Longview, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I waited until the very last minute before booking my trip to New Orleans and Mardi Gras this year. I have to admit I was sort of worried when I pulled up in front of the hotel, but that was quickly erased when Jonothan the valet met me with a kind smile and helped me unload my car. From that moment on my stay at St. Pierre was good. First I want to say the whole staff at the hotel was wonderful in giving me advice on what to see, where to go and just helping me out. I stayed in room 115. I know from reading the reviews people have bad mouthed this place, and I admit I was skeptical myself when I booked it. It is a old hotel that doesn't belong to any major chains, that I am aware of. I traveled solo and my room was perfect for it. If I had brought a travel partner, it might have been tight. The location is on Burgandy St. two blocks away from Bourbon Street. I think I read in a review about this hotel about the neighborhood being "sketchy" I didn't see anything that caused me any alarm when I walked through the neighborhood. I felt safe. Breakfast is basic. Coffee, Juice, milk, bagels, two choices of cereal (Frosted Flakes and Cruncheroos) and I think doughnuts. There are plenty of restaurants to eat at including the Clover Grill on Bourbon a straight two blocks from the hotel itself. I would stay here again if I had to. The only complaint I had was the wi-fi in my room did not work. I had to take my laptop to the dining area near the lobby to get on the net.

Room Tip: Adjacent to the hotel is a small grocery store. They even have a deli inside it. A place to remember...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to St. Pierre? Share your experiences!