“It is the French QTR” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Pierre

Save Saved
You added St. Pierre to your Saves list
St. Pierre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   911 Burgundy Street, French Quarter, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #107 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“It is the French QTR”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family and I stayed here December 29/30 2012 before heading out on a cruise ship. The facility has lots of history (200+ years) , is IN the French QTR and is quaint ! If you are looking to stay in the French Quarter where you can walk a few blocks through history, this is the hotel. If you are looking for a Marriot / Hampton Inn experience then stay at one of those places. My family was looking for something nice yet historic and that is what you get here. Staff was friendly, neighborhood was interesting and the walk to local places of interest was short. We would stay here again. But be honest and don't rip these folks because they are not the Hilton, Like I said, if you want the mint on your pillow go somewhere else but if you want something interesting in the middle of the French Quarter then this is your place.

399 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
vacherie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

First of all I am a local and I have a fishing camp that is nicer than this place! We had a suite with window units and one room had a heater..place was freezing! The sheets had hair on them ! We had to park 3 blocks down ! When I walk into a room of a hotel, I want the place to feel like home, or better than home. I couldn't imagine sleeping in the beds in this hotel. When we complained about how cold the rooms were, the front desk clerk asked if we wanted a "space heater" or more blankets!!!Really, we paid 276.00 plus tax and you wanted to give us a space heater???? Lets just say we checked out the same night we checked in and went to the Hilton for a cheaper price!!!! Never again Hotel St Pierre!

Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

It was a quaint hotel however the rooms are very small. We were there two days before Christmas and never got warm! The heater never slowed down attempting to heat the room and NEVER got the bathroom remotely warm. The tub was so cold I could not take a bath and the shower was so weak it hardly rinsed the soap off of me. The parking was terrible and the long walk to Burbon Street and other attractions was difficult for a "mature" couple. On a brighter note the front desk staff were very friendly. Maybe staying there in the Spring would be better?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed here mid-week in mid-December to take advantage of Christmas festivities in the French Quarter. It was a reasonable price ($79+tax) for a nice sized room with a functional balcony with chairs overlooking Burgundy Street. As others have noted, it is not a fancy place but it is comfortable and does have that NOLA feel to it--complete with the brick mortar from the high ceilings falling onto the carpet in the middle of the night. Probably not for everyone, but fine for us and very convenient to all we wanted to see.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

After reading all those reviews, I was actually scared for choosing this hotel. But when I got there, I was able to find Free Parking , but It did get crowded over time. The staffs were nice. They helped us print out our boarding pass at the last minute. We stayed in 148 and 153, and we didn't find any holes in the door like people have seen. The rooms are clean, and we had balconies. It was nice to go out there and get cool air. You can actually see the stars from there too.

Room Tip: We stay in 148 and 153 and they are pretty good.
Portage, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

If you want to go to New Orleans and be fairly close to Bourbon Street but not pay the high prices, stay here. It is a quaint hotel with friendly staff. You will not get the high end soaps, carpets, furniture or bed spreads but what you will get for the price is a safe, clean hotel that has 2 small pools and a nice breakfast. The front desk staff was always willing to help with our questions and line up tours or cabs for us whenever we needed them to. I will be back and have told many people about this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

When my daughter and I checked in the clerk was too busy ordering his lunch menu on the phone to help us- we had to wait. The first room looked ok until my daughter found her bed had not been changed and there were strands of dark hair in her bed (she's blonde). So next room- dark stain on ceiling -very small and run down looking but beds ok and it was late. Power went off everytime we used the hairdryer! 2 visits by fat freddy the cockroach but I had to draw a line when it tried to get under our door- but at least the clerk apologised when I asked for the can of Raid! We were lucky to be there when some great girls were visiting and so that company made for a fun visit. Location good. Buildings pretty but the management need a shake up -there are employees I would promote and some I would sack. This could be a great boutique hotel what a shame the managment or lack of it let it down -it needs investment on it to bring it up to an acceptable standard- it has potential but not at the moment!

Room Tip: The jazz museum and garden ground floor should be avoided.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to St. Pierre? Share your experiences!