“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Pierre

You added St. Pierre to your Saves list
St. Pierre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   911 Burgundy Street, French Quarter, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #108 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Coachella, California
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My friend and I made a great choice staying at this hotel. They helped with the luggage, staff was available when we needed them. Our room was big and clean. Located in a great spot close to everything. Only complaint is some of the housekeepers were not friendly at all. Other than that we enjoyed our stay and the front office staff are fantastic!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I made the mistake of reading the reviews the night before we left for a weekend trip to New Orleans. Our room was booked by the company I work for, so I didn't really have a choice. However, I was pleasantly surprised when we checked in. The hotel is definitely old -- the building we stayed in had a historic marker on it and was built before 1777. It was clean. All the staff were very helpful and polite. The breakfast was okay, not great. The location was great for walking anywhere in the French Quarter. My only complaint was that our room was right on the sidewalk -- room 101. Late night partiers were going by our window all night long both nights. We didn't get much sleep. I understood from others in different parts of the hotel that some rooms were quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room or one facing the courtyard rather than the street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

They led us to believe they were in the heart of the French quarter but they were on the outskirts. Because of their location on rental practices, we did not feel safe there at all. As we paid in advance for 2 nights and begged the manager to let us pay him only for the first night (which we did not stay) and he could rent it the second night as rooms were scare. He not only refused, he was rude. So we took all out things and left anyway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryland Heights, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We arrived on Monday the 15th, and were greeted by very nice staff. We were shown to our room right away, and helped up the stairs with our bags. The room was perfect for what we needed, clean, and updated. We had a great view of the courtyard, the bathroom was larger than expected, and the closet was huge for a hotel of that size!

We were helped out by Anthony, who told us places to go, got us toiletries, and helped us with anything we needed, he truly made us feel welcome! And Stu, the overnight attendant, was just perfect!

Breakfast was awesome, just what you need before going out to the French Quarter and eating all day. Coffee, doughnuts, bagels, cereal, juice, milk, it was great!

The hotel was so cute and quiet, that you would hardly know that it only takes 3 minutes to walk out the door and get to Bourbon Street! We parked our car in their private parking lot on Monday, and never needed to use the car till we left on Friday!

The room was cleaned up everyday, fresh towels put in, and smelled great!

The staff there was truly amazing, they saved us money on tours, and made us feel right at home. We will definitely be back to Hotel St. Pierre whenever we come back to visit New Orleans!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 110, it was upstairs, so I don't know if the people with other reviews had dif...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I wish I had listened to the many poor reviews this hotel had received. We booked three Jazz Suites at Hotel St. Pierre in the French Quarter for three nights. There were 15 of us staying in the three rooms and this hotel was one of the few I could find that could accommodate all of us for the dates we selected for our trip. We tried to keep an open mind when we arrived because we thought maybe we’d get lucky and the reviews weren’t as bad as they seemed. We were sadly disappointed, it was worse.

The only good thing was Anthony, the young man who attended to us when we arrived and checked in. He was eager to help us get situated into our rooms and get us whatever we needed.

We chose the Jazz Suites because they could sleep up to 6 people. Two queen beds and a pull out sofa in each room as well as a dorm size refrigerator and a microwave. Each room had air-conditioning, but the one in my brother’s room wouldn’t adjust below 72 degrees and it was warm in the evenings. He asked the desk clerk to adjust it and he didn’t know how and could help. In that same room, his son had to turn in the sheets and the blanket to the pull out sofa because they were dirty from the previous guest. We later asked for an extra blanket for our room and we’re pretty sure they gave us the dirty blanket from my brother’s room. The carpets in all three rooms were more like outdoor carpets and very dirty. We couldn’t walk around on the floors without shoes on and ended up throwing our socks away when we got home because they were simply black from the carpet. The walls in all the rooms needed painting, there were exposed pipes and wires and when plugging a phone charger into one of the outlets in our room a screw fell out of the outlet cover. The television in our room was smaller than the 17” laptop we brought. The furniture resembled something you’d find in the apt of some college guys after a long weekend of partying, mismatched and dirty.

All three rooms were on the main street, Burgundy which was under construction. It had been stripped down to the bottom level and was being worked on while we were there. (The street is only three steps down and a sidewalk from the front door to the room) So the smell of fresh tar was always in the air. In the mornings they would spray the sidewalks down and put bleach on them to kill the smell of urine, which was less obvious by the hotel than around the main streets, but there none the less. When they sprayed the front steps to the rooms the water would come under the door and get the carpet in the room wet and the smell of bleach was so strong we’d have to leave the room and go elsewhere until it dissipated.

Our bathroom was for the most part clean and I only saw one small (1/2”) cockroach while there. The toilet had a problem filling and the maintenance guy had to come and replace the rubber seal. The next day it would flush properly and when my boyfriend went to the desk to ask for help he was handed a plunger. When that didn’t fix it he was told they wouldn’t be able to get to it until the next day…seriously. It eventually fixed itself but I don’t think they ever followed up with us.

Our room had a door in the back and it connected to the laundry room where we got to hear the maids doing laundry every morning at the crack of dawn and late into the evening. They even had the dryers set to buzz when they finished…imagine that.

Next to our rooms is a small alley leading to another area where more rooms are located. There is a large cast-iron gate that leads to the alley and it slams when people use it. ..at all hours of the night and it actually shook our room. The curtains to the room are not sufficient to block the street lights and the noise from the cars and people passing by kept us up every night.
There is limited free parking at the hotel, a small off-street parking area. We arrived on a Thursday and were able to get all three of our vehicles parked. We made a mistake and took our cars out on Saturday and never got back in. My boyfriend drove around for 30 minutes trying to find someplace to park, but everything is metered or blocked off because of the construction. He ended up parking a few blocks away, but we had to keep going out to put change in the meter. We got into an argument with the person who “watched” the parking lot because there were some cars that were parked crooked and it was taking up two extra spaces but he wouldn’t do anything about it. That is why we argued with him because he had asked us to move our car the day before to make room for someone. We are pretty sure he was renting out the parking spaces to get a little cash on the side.

Breakfast was minimal, donuts, bagels and biscuits, but not every morning. The first morning had all three, but the next day only sugar donuts. We found the bagels on the top of the refrigerator and some biscuits over on a counter by the microwave, so we helped ourselves because there wasn’t any one there monitoring the breakfast area. Later the attendant came in and gave us a dirty look for opening the biscuits. No fruit, or hot foods, or even bread for toast. If you’re looking for anything remotely healthy, this is not the place for you.

There are a couple bars about a block from the hotel, but we quickly found out the hotel is in the middle of the Gay part of the Quarter, and even though it didn’t matter to most of us, the guys in our group felt a little uncomfortable about hanging out in a men’s gay bar. There is a great Po-Boy place a couple blocks away, excellent sandwiches, place is called Nola Po Boys.

I cannot say enough that this hotel is by far the worst place I’ve ever stayed in and I’ve travelled all over the world and stayed in many levels and types of hotels. These rooms are way over priced for what you get in return. Don’t be fooled into thinking that just because it’s in the French Quarter they can charge you more for your room. Look elsewhere and plan in advance, this place is a roach motel.

I will add in closing that we did not see any other rooms so there may in fact be nicer rooms, but the three we stayed in were dumps. That does not excuse the rest of the property or the lack of cleanliness.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere, no redeeming qualities in the three jazz suites we stayed in which were called the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Loveland, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I don't know which rooms are shown in the pictures, but it certainly wasn't any of the rooms that I or my family had. They were totally run down and dirty. Peeling paint, bathroom was a joke, the shower so small you couldn't turn around in it.. not to mention, absolutely no water pressure. The hotels laundry room was right outside our "emergency exit" door. They did laundry at night and it shook the entire room. Now, regarding the "emergency exit".. the emergency route map they had pinned to it was completely wrong. Thank God there wasn't any reason to try to use it.
The carpet was disgusting. The front door would not close all the way and therefore could not use the dead bolt. The curtains were hung with wire. The AC unit in our room worked.. you could hang meat in there, but in my families rooms, not so much.
One morning they cleaned the sidewalk and front stoop with bleach water, which in theory is great, but smelled so strong I had to evacuate my room.
Parking was an absolute joke. They had the road all torn up while we were there,preparing for the Superbowl.
The cost was way too high for what you get. I would highly recommend going anywhere other than here.
We did get great service the first night we got there, but that was it.
Major fail St Pierre.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I booked a room in the hotel on 9/15. The next day my job told me that I could not stay in a hotel in the French quarter, and instead needed to stay in the conference hotel. I called 2 days later -- a full two months before the arrival date, and was told that I needed to pay a one night room rate as a cancellation fee. And the person who delivered this message was less than conciliatory. The hotel shows misleading images on its website. Before you book, Google the hotel by using the search terms "St Pierre, new orleans, images." You will then see what a real dump the place is.

Room Tip: You will be charged a one night room reservation fee even if you cancel two months out, like I did
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to St. Pierre? Share your experiences!