“Nicely Renovated Room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Pierre

Save Saved
You added St. Pierre to your Saves list
St. Pierre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   911 Burgundy Street, French Quarter, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #113 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Atlanta
“Nicely Renovated Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

I stay at the St. Pierre frequently. I love the location of the hotel and the quality of the rooms improve with every visit. I've watched the hotel transform itself from merely an adequate, clean place to crash after a night on Bourbon St. to a stylish, charming and comfortable historic property.

On my last visit, my room had just undergone a compete renovation, with new bedding, furniture, carpet, bathroom, complete paint job and new heat/ AC.

My only complaint was that I was in the main building across from the breakfast room, and there was a bit of noise in the morning. I didn't complain to the desk, and I'm sure if I had they would have asked the other guests to keep it down. But, to be fair it was after 8AM. So, I just strolled across the hall and loaded up on coffee and pastries and I was all set.

I've stayed in the large chain hotels and the historic hotels. I can tell you that no hotel is without some issue. The big hotels near Canal St. are noisy, the elevators are crowded, the walk back at night is scary and they lack charm. The St. Pierre on the other hand is in a quiet neighborhood and full of character.

You must decide what is important to you, but for my money I'll take quiet, safe, comfortable historical ambiance.

• Liked — The newly renovated room
  • Disliked — some minor noice from the breakfast area
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2008

My wife and I stayed at this hotel after the Andrew Jackson Hotel (sister hotel) could not accomodate our double bed room reservation. The Andrew Jackson Hotel staff told us that there were no double bed rooms available at the Hotel St. Pierre. After I called my credit card company, 2 double bed rooms were somehow available at Hotel St. Pierre. We were shown 2 rooms. But there was a problem. One room didn't have heat. The one with heat was an upgrade of $20.00 per night. For some reason, I was asked to pay $20 per night extra for heat, even though the web site states the rooms are heated. At this point I gave up. I was not up to walking around New Orleans New Years weekend trying to find a room. To be fair to the Hotel St. Pierre, I emailed the G.M. after we returned home, asking why we could not have a double bed room that we had reserved & why we were asked to pay $20 extra a night for a room that was heated. He replied that he was "vaguely familiar with the situation" and that he would get back with me. I never heard from him again. My credit card company contacted the hotel & the G.M. stated he would resolve the situation with me personally. When I told the credit card company he had not gotten back with me, they contacted him again. The G.M. told the credit card company that the hotel server crashed and he had no information about what happened during my stay. He offered me a 2 free night stay at the hotel. I declined. Why would I go back to this hotel? First my room wasnt available, then it was available, then after it was shown to us, it wasn't available. First Hotel St. Pierre had no double rooms available, then it had 2, but the one room with heat (in 40 degree weather) was an extra charge of $20 a night? It has taken me over 1 month to get this situation resolved & I still have no explanation of what happened.I love New Orleans, and I will go back again, but I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The staff.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toledo, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2008

I stayed at this hotel with four of my friends so that made five of us in a room with two beds, that was kind of cramped. The rooms are not spacious, but it does say European Style so that is what you should expect. The staff was great, I got so drunk the first night we were there that I didn't remember getting back to the room and I didn't have a key either. I guess a staff member helped me back once I was in the lobby. So you can't beat that type of service. The sinks and showers were funny built, and kind of hard to use. The location was great, right in the French Quarter, don't be freaked by the area it is MONEY. This is a good spot for some serious get'n down.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the size of the room
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

This small hotel on the historic register is within easy walking distance for all you want to see in the French Quarter. Our three rooms were on the low end, price-wise, and a bit smaller than some others we saw. But they were perfectly adequate.

Everyone on the staff went above and beyond to help us with the usual "tourist" questions, suggesting restaurants and making reservations, and immediately getting us whatever we needed for our rooms. They pointed out the grocery store with a deli just down the street, which was nice for picking up beer and snacks for a respite on the patio outside our rooms.

Arrive early enough, and you can get a parking space in the hotel lot, which is a real plus in NO.

Our only "complaints" would be that the pillows were too high/big and sometimes the hot water was slow in arriving (typical of an older building).

We would return here!

• Liked — Staff - all of them!
  • Disliked — pillows
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Crickett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2007

My husband and I just got back from a wonderful 4-day mini, childless, second honeymoon in New Orleans. We spent two nights at the Hotel St. Pierre and had a lovely time. The rooms are very small and dark, but clean and charming. I sent away housekeeping, who came both mornings like clockwork, cheerful. The man at the front desk came running out of the hotel to assist us off of the airport shuttle and the entire staff was gracious and helpful. The hotel is staffed with security at night. The free continental breakfast is more than adequate. If you are looking for a chain hotel type of stay with all the amenities, this is not the place for you. If you are loking for a B&B style stay at an inexpensive, conveniently located, quiet neighborhood in the French Quarter, I would highly reccommend!

• Liked — Historic significance
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2007

We went for the Rams Saints game and loved the hotel. It always helps when your team wins. We had a suite which had alot of room. There were 6 people in our room and it was not crowded at all. I would go back anytime. We love New Orleans.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2007

We stayed at the St. Pierre as part of our honeymoon, and weren't impressed. However, the worst part occurred after we left and discovered that an inn keeper robbed my wife of all the money in her wallet. After calling management and attempting to get compensated, the "manager" was extremely RUDE and refused to offer any compensation or explanation whatsoever. We absolutely would not recommend this hotel to any future traveler. Also, in our opinion, it appeared they catered the an alternative/homosexual crowd, because there were a number of guest in our hotel, definitely not something we enjoyed on our honeymoon. BEWARE!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — WE WERE ROBBED!!!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to St. Pierre? Share your experiences!