“Holy Cow, these boys know how to BBQ!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Somerset, Wisconsin
“Holy Cow, these boys know how to BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

My husband and I stopped in after reading the revies on Trip Advisor. Our GPS had us take a bit of a dicey trip. Don't be nervous of the look and remember BBQ is why your there. We had the "W" which we shared and it gave us a taste of everything (beef brisket, pork ribs and homemade sausage). I gaurantee you won't be disappointed!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
Hammond, Louisiana
“Yummy in my tummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I've seen this place on Diners, Drive ins and Dives, and have been meaning to try it. It was oooo so yummy! The prices are reasonable, too. The building is just a hole in the wall and I was disappointed because there was a few flies around, but the ribs, sliced beef and chopped pork were awesome. The potato salad was pretty good, and the barbecue beans were more of a mustard base. They don't have fries, which was a bummer for me. I wasn't crazy about the BBQ sauce. It was more a sour base, not the sweet base I enjoy. Didn't really taste like a BBQ sauce even.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“The BBQ Gods have blessed NOLA!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We don't eat at chain restaurants when we travel. The front desk and bell captain at our hotel Place d Armes both suggested this place. Got there after the lunch crowd, which was a good thing because the Joint is small. Sharing tables with unknown fellow diners can add so much to the meal if you just go with it. True to my grandpa's long time saying " don't eat BBQ in a place where all the tables and chairs match", the quirky set up is perfect.

We each got a 2-meat with 2 sides plate, different items on each so we could try it all. The meats were tender and perfectly cooked. Sides were all great, especially the homemade potato salad~ luv me some 'tater salad! Portions were large and well worth the money. Quality of food is more important to me than the quantity and the Joint served up high quality food. I don't do sauces on my meat but everyone at the table liked the different sauces. We were too full for dessert.

We didn't think to take pictures until we were leaving so I don't have pictures of the food. They are trying to relocate to another building but were having problems with permits. Be sure you have the current address when you decide to do yourself a favor and try the joint. Bywater neighborhood, 801 Poland Ave @ Dauphine Street

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Worth, Texas
“Best BBQ I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

I am from Texas, and have eaten at slot of good BBQ places and this was the best. We went after reading reviews on trip advisor. The ribs are the best I have ever had. The sausage was amazing and the brisket was great also. Don't let the outside fool you. It looks like a BBQ joint should look(old and beat up). Best food I had in my week stay in new Orleans/ orange beach Alabama.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“Good BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

This was recommended by a local and we really enjoyed it. We walked in with a group of 12 and they didn't even flinch. The staff was pleasant and efficient, we had our food in no time. The food was pretty good, I feel pretty confident in saying that it is probably the best BBQ in New Orleans. When I picked my rib up to eat it, the meat literally fell off the bone. BBQ sauces were not thick, but still tasty. The potato salad and macaroni and cheese were stolen off of people's plates that weren't eating them fast enough! Overall very enjoyable experience, and a great place for fast, but great food.

• Visited May 2011