“Quality causal dining in the Garden District” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Plate Cafe - CLOSED

Blue Plate Cafe
1330 Prytania St, New Orleans, LA 70130-4316 (Lower Garden District)
504-309-9500
Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Lower Garden District
Santa Barbara, CA
“Quality causal dining in the Garden District”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were looking for a quality place to have breakfast in the Garden District and happened upon the Blue Plate Cafe. We were not disappointed. The restaurant was clean, cute and parking on the street was easy. The waitstaff was friendly and efficient...and the food was great. I opted for the Breakfast Burrito and it was fresh and delicious ($9.95) as well as big enough to share. My husband had the Breakfast Bello (eggs over a portobello mushroom with a red pepper sauce) and he thought it was one of the more interesting breakfast selections he had and enjoyed every bite. Coffee was hot, strong and plentiful. What's not to like?

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nothing fancy but a very good breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The waitress was very friendly and helpful. I got the crawfish cakes with poached eggs. It was very good. I'm not a big seafood fan but would recommend this dish. My three guests also enjoyed their meal as well. I will go back to the Blue Plate Cafe next time I am in town!

• Visited September 2013
Flagler Beach, Florida
“Trip Advisor Racking is well-Founded”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We found this excellent restaurant using the Trip Adviser’s App. It was a short walk from our hotel just off St. Charles Street. The restaurant is small so I bet the lunchtime crowd could cause a wait. They are only open Monday through Friday for breakfast and lunch. Our server was very nice and helpful with the menu. We had the stuffed catfish and I can highly recommend it. After eating there I can concur that the ranking at trip advisor is well-founded

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Perfect - ate here twice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Delicious, fresh breakfasts. We ate here twice because it was near our hotel. The goat cheese scrambled eggs were perfect and the service was friendly and efficient.

• Visited July 2013
FL
“Locals Cafe,Hardworking Owner, Excellent & Creative Dishes, Personable Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

When visiting my daughter & her family in New Orleans a visit to the Blue Plate Cafe for breakfast is a must for us! Lunch was also a delight with smaller dishes of appetizers such as crawfish cakes with cornmeal and delicious homemade soups. A full menu is available along with traditional po-boy sandwiches, hamburgers and Ms. Diliberto's "specials" .

• Visited June 2013