“Trip Advisor Racking is well-Founded” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Plate Cafe - CLOSED

Blue Plate Cafe
1330 Prytania St, New Orleans, LA 70130-4316 (Lower Garden District)
504-309-9500
Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Neighborhood: Lower Garden District
Flagler Beach, Florida
“Trip Advisor Racking is well-Founded”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We found this excellent restaurant using the Trip Adviser’s App. It was a short walk from our hotel just off St. Charles Street. The restaurant is small so I bet the lunchtime crowd could cause a wait. They are only open Monday through Friday for breakfast and lunch. Our server was very nice and helpful with the menu. We had the stuffed catfish and I can highly recommend it. After eating there I can concur that the ranking at trip advisor is well-founded

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Perfect - ate here twice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Delicious, fresh breakfasts. We ate here twice because it was near our hotel. The goat cheese scrambled eggs were perfect and the service was friendly and efficient.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
FL
“Locals Cafe,Hardworking Owner, Excellent & Creative Dishes, Personable Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

When visiting my daughter & her family in New Orleans a visit to the Blue Plate Cafe for breakfast is a must for us! Lunch was also a delight with smaller dishes of appetizers such as crawfish cakes with cornmeal and delicious homemade soups. A full menu is available along with traditional po-boy sandwiches, hamburgers and Ms. Diliberto's "specials" .

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Just plain good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

breakfast was like out of mom's kitchen. Except better!, Sorry Mom!
Not expensive and the service was like family with no squabbles.

Visited April 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
“Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

While in New Orleans recently, we were fortunate to be staying right across the street from the Blue Plate Cafe. We ate there twice, and I wish we had eaten there a few more times so I could have tried out more items on the menu. The first time, I ordered Eggs And Cakes, which is two crawfish cakes topped with fried eggs and crawfish sauce and homefries. OMG - it was soooo good. The next day for lunch I had the oyster Po-boy with a pile of crispy french fries - I wish I could go back and have another one!!! I'll just have to wait 'til next year. All of the food was great, and the service is exceptional.

• Visited April 2013