“Pass!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Moon Wok

Moon Wok
800 Dauphine St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3019 (French Quarter)
(504) 523-6950
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Lake City, Michigan
“Pass!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Came here because I was in need of good Asian food. My pho bo soup was ok but my bunny's fried rice isn't cooked all the way and the kung pao chicken taste like they just mixed canned veggies and soy sauce. It wasn't good :(

Visited January 2012

Colorado
“First time for food poisoning in the Quarter”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Hey, I've been to this restaurant before, and never had a problem. I've also been to some pretty "divey" looking places in New Orleans in search of those great, secret, out-of-the-way places, and, still, never had a problem. On Tuesday, November 1, 2011, my luck ran out.

I went to this place because I knew they had vegetarian options, and I knew they had tofu. I ordered the Broccoli and Tofu entree, and would later wish I hadn't. It was not too long after I left the restaurant, that I became ill; violently ill. I spent a good hour or so driving the porcelain bus from both ends before I finally felt in control enough to lie down and try to sleep it off.

This had nothing to do with anything I had to drink, (we had tea at the restaurant), and nothing to do with the lunch, (my wife and I shared the same lunch, and she never got sick). It was definitely something I ate at Moon Wok. Now, I'm not saying that every person who goes in there is going to get sick, but I am saying to be careful about smelling your food before you eat it. If you have the slightest doubt about the wholesomeness of your meal, don't eat it.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Get it to go or delivered”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

The food at Moon Wok is thoroughly decent and tasty. The prices are very reasonable. My problem is with cleanliness. The other night I went to grab a sweet and low packet and noticed the packet-caddy looked like it had been cleaned in 30 years--the bottom was layered with dust and grime. If they can't do something as simple as wiping down the caddys, I can only suspect the kitchen is filthy too. I'm not saying I wont't eat there again but if I do, I'm requesting a to go box and plastic silverware.

Visited June 2011
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Frenchies In The Know <3 Moon Wok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Not only do I recommend Moon Wok, I eat there almost every week. I lived in the quarter for one year and have moved just across the river. There are three restaurants that I make sure to go to on a regular basis: Moon Wok, The Clover Grill and Croissant D'or - each the best in their class in town, hands down.

Ask any French Quarter resident or worker and they will tell you that the best Vietnamese and Chinese food in town is at Moon Wok and that - happy coincidence? - it's also the only reasonably priced.

Before moving to New Orleans I lived in New Jersey and New York and I do not pull your leg when I tell you that Moon Wok has the best sweet and sour chicken I have ever laid lips upon. Want something less pedestrian? Amazing Pho, great 'Vietnamese Po Boys' and completely customizable dishes. Moon Wok's been run by the same family since they went into business, and you can tell they really care about their customers. They put the same care into their fried rice as they do into the most delicate dishes, and everything tastes like they made it for their own momma.

If you come to New Orleans and eat Chinese or Vietnamese food anywhere else you are simply missing out.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I think their Vietnamese...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2008

I think their Vietnamese food is very tasty, but their Chinese food not as good. my favorite is the V5 - Bun Ga Nuong ( Vermicelli with grilled chichen). I also like the Bun Thit Nuong (Vermicelli with Pork).