“Don't skip the Gelato” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angelo Brocato Ice Cream

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
214 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119-5109 (Mid-City)
(504) 486-0078
Dining options: Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Mid-City
“Don't skip the Gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2015 NEW

I've been to Sicily, and thought the gelato here was first rate, with huge flavor selection. Other reviewers dissing it must be more picky than I am. The pastries even better. Cigar sized canolis embarrass NYC little Italy offerings, and equal Sicilian. My wife and I visited shop on a culinary bike tour (Confederacy of Cruisers). Suffice it to say, everybody had large portions of gelato and pastries, and filled themselves up. Highly recommended.

Knoxville, TN
“Awesome deserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015

I would have to visit every day for a month to try everything I want. It is all so good and Italian. Just a great place for desert and coffee.

Grain Valley, Missouri
“Not like real Italian gelato, but good pastries”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2015

The gelato is nothing like I have experienced in most corners of Italy. It was a let down and while tasty, was nothing special. Don't make a special trip out here for the ice cream as I fear that you, like me, will be disappointed. The pastries are very good, however, and taste much more authentic than the ice cream. I had the pistachio ice cream which was nearly flavorless. My dad said his chocolate ice cream was ok but nothing like we have had in Italy.

• Visited April 2015
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dunedin, Florida
“All My Childhood Favorites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2015

Having been raised in a very Italian family , Angelo Brocato's was a trip down Memory Lane. They had all the old favorites- spumoni, tortoni, cassata, and those assorted cookies. Very helpful servers and worth the trip! Parking is tricky but is available on side streets.

Midlothian, Texas
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

This ice cream shop is located in the Mid Town area. It's just off the Canal Street Trolley line. I felt like I had stepped back in time. The home made gelatos, spumoni and baked treats were great. Positively the best coconut macaroons I have ever tasted. This is a must-do when you are in New Orleans.

Visited March 2015