“Great desserts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angelo Brocato Ice Cream

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
214 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119-5109 (Mid-City)
(504) 486-0078
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Water Valley, Mississippi
“Great desserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was on my list of places to visit when I planned our trip to New Orleans and I wasn't disappointed. We went for dessert after dinner; the line was long but went quickly. Although very crowded, our service was cheerful and friendly. I had the Baked Alaska; my husband had the spumoni, both very good. I also bought a cannoli and another pastry to go and we enjoyed every bite. I will put this on my list again for my next visit to NO.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York
“Delicious off-the beaten path way to dessert bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

It's out of the typical tourist circuit, but well worth the side trip. Dozens of Italian cookies and traditional gelato flavors are only enhanced by friendly service. With this many white haired New Orleans ladies queuing up for the friendly service, you know it has to be good.

Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“Nice little. Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

A nice little Italian pastry and ice cream place. A perfect finish after our trip to the taqueria next door.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Forest Lake, Minnesota
“Sinful deserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

In New Orleans you should always have dinner in one place and after dinner drinks and sweets elsewhere. This allows you to sample many places and enjoy the cool evenings. I truly loved this place, well over 100 years old. The Italian ices and the pastries were just great as was the service and the friendly atmosphere

Visited October 2013
Stratford, Connecticut, United States
“Yummy and fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Reminded me of small shops in Rome and Florence! You order at the counter and wait at a table. The staff is energetic and friendly. No wait (we were there at 6:30 pm) - ordered capuccinos for there, and pastry to go, sat and sipped our coffees (my daughter who lives here, I was visiting). Gelato looked so good, but we went for cannoli to bring home (full from dinner). Will definitely go again to try some gelato! Parking can be tough - we cheated and went around the block to Bienville.

• Visited October 2013