“Sinful deserts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angelo Brocato Ice Cream

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
214 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119-5109 (Mid-City)
(504) 486-0078
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Forest Lake, Minnesota
“Sinful deserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

In New Orleans you should always have dinner in one place and after dinner drinks and sweets elsewhere. This allows you to sample many places and enjoy the cool evenings. I truly loved this place, well over 100 years old. The Italian ices and the pastries were just great as was the service and the friendly atmosphere

Visited October 2013

Stratford, Connecticut, United States
“Yummy and fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Reminded me of small shops in Rome and Florence! You order at the counter and wait at a table. The staff is energetic and friendly. No wait (we were there at 6:30 pm) - ordered capuccinos for there, and pastry to go, sat and sipped our coffees (my daughter who lives here, I was visiting). Gelato looked so good, but we went for cannoli to bring home (full from dinner). Will definitely go again to try some gelato! Parking can be tough - we cheated and went around the block to Bienville.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“As good as in Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I'm not a huge fan on ice cream but love a good gelato. Been to Italy many times and went out of my way there to make sure I had the best gelato. I have to say I was Impressed with gelato at this place. I had : salty caramel, pistachio and hazelnut flavors. Pistachio was my absolute favorite as it wasn't too sweet and just perfectly balanced. Definitely would come back here!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“Great Little Ice Cream Shoppe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Small establishment but, as they say, "good things come in small packages". Old time ice cream served with smiles. Great place to take a special someone for dessert of just a sweet cool off.

Visited August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A must go in New Orleans!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We found this on TA and we took the trolly there, it is very convenient and right by the Carrollton Ave Station. We were curious about the high ranking on TA as a ice cream place and it turns out it makes perfect sense. It is handed over in family by 4 generations now I think and the first owner is from Sicily Italy, which made all the coffee, ice cream and dessert very Italian. And the staff there are just so friendly and fun. They gave us a lot of good suggestions on where to go and what to eat~

• Visited September 2013