“As good as in Italy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angelo Brocato Ice Cream

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
214 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119-5109 (Mid-City)
(504) 486-0078
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Houston, Texas
“As good as in Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I'm not a huge fan on ice cream but love a good gelato. Been to Italy many times and went out of my way there to make sure I had the best gelato. I have to say I was Impressed with gelato at this place. I had : salty caramel, pistachio and hazelnut flavors. Pistachio was my absolute favorite as it wasn't too sweet and just perfectly balanced. Definitely would come back here!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“Great Little Ice Cream Shoppe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Small establishment but, as they say, "good things come in small packages". Old time ice cream served with smiles. Great place to take a special someone for dessert of just a sweet cool off.

Visited August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A must go in New Orleans!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We found this on TA and we took the trolly there, it is very convenient and right by the Carrollton Ave Station. We were curious about the high ranking on TA as a ice cream place and it turns out it makes perfect sense. It is handed over in family by 4 generations now I think and the first owner is from Sicily Italy, which made all the coffee, ice cream and dessert very Italian. And the staff there are just so friendly and fun. They gave us a lot of good suggestions on where to go and what to eat~

• Visited September 2013
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Is it wrong....?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

To travel across the country to eat house made gelato made by a multigenerational family. The line is out the door with the locals patiently waiting their turn. I had the Italian chocolate chip,the name is similar to streaked but I can't remember the Italian . FABULOUS.

Visited September 2013
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Don't miss this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Came here about nine in the evening for coffee and cannoli after dinner. What a great place. It is now on my list of places I must return to next time I visit NO.

Visited September 2013