“Perfecto! Just like gelato in Rome, Italy!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angelo Brocato Ice Cream

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
214 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119-5109 (Mid-City)
(504) 486-0078
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfecto! Just like gelato in Rome, Italy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Oh wow. Nothing has ever compared to the gelato I had when I was in Rome, Italy until I went to this place. I have searched low and high in cities from the east to west coast of the United States. This is it! I finally found it! THE BEST! PERIOD. they ship- I think I will order some by mail.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

95% Recommend
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Yummmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

As the temperature rises in New Orleans, Brocato's spumoni is a welcome relief. They serve some fantastic desserts and are a must visit for some unique treats!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tx
“Ice Cream in New Orleans a must”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Whenever we travel I check out Trip Advisor. Every time I check New Orleans an ice cream place rates very high. I was curious and since we had a car on this trip we decided to go. Hint, I also found out you can get there by the Canal St. trolly. One visit and it confirmed this place should be near the top. It is an old time Italian bakery and has some of the old favorites. But the ice cream and gelato are the stars. I had a scoop of salted caramel and Chocolate. To say it was awesome would be an understatement. They told me they tried the salted caramel a couple of months ago and can not get it off the menu, everyone loves it and I agree. If in New Orleans you must make a stop here, it is worth the trip.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Good gelato but not the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I love gelato and after reading the reviews, I was so excited to try this place. While we enjoyed it, we actually liked the gelato at Little Vic's in the French Quarter better. It was a great place to stop for an afternoon treat after hanging out in City Park in the heat because it is close by but I would not make a special trip just to go to Angelo's.

Visited July 2013
SLIDELL
“Ice cream delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stopped in on our way home from the Satchmo festival. This is a busy ice cream parlor!! Parking is kind of funky because you pull straight in front of the restaurant which means when leaving you are backing out onto a busy main street. Our family had spumoni, chocolate gelato and chocolate mint gelato. It was all delicious. Service was great. There were several people behind the counter and all of them were happy to see us. We will be going back! It's a delightful special family treat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere