“Good gelato but not the best” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Angelo Brocato Ice Cream

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
214 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119-5109 (Mid-City)
(504) 486-0078
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Good gelato but not the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I love gelato and after reading the reviews, I was so excited to try this place. While we enjoyed it, we actually liked the gelato at Little Vic's in the French Quarter better. It was a great place to stop for an afternoon treat after hanging out in City Park in the heat because it is close by but I would not make a special trip just to go to Angelo's.

Visited July 2013

SLIDELL
“Ice cream delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stopped in on our way home from the Satchmo festival. This is a busy ice cream parlor!! Parking is kind of funky because you pull straight in front of the restaurant which means when leaving you are backing out onto a busy main street. Our family had spumoni, chocolate gelato and chocolate mint gelato. It was all delicious. Service was great. There were several people behind the counter and all of them were happy to see us. We will be going back! It's a delightful special family treat.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arkansas
“Spumoni!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

A native New Orleans friend brought us to this Italian ice cream/dessert/pastry shop. The spumoni was delicious! The gelato looked wonderful and I'll try it next time I visit New Orleans, because I definitely WILL be coming back to Angelo Brocato's again on my next visit!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Italian Bakery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Me and my daughter try to go to every bakery we can. We have been to many Italian bakeries and this one is good. I feel like the pastries are average. I was really looking forward to the cannoli but, I was disappointed with them. I really did not care for them but, my husband said it was ok. The Tiramisu and gelato were very very good. Would definitely go back!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oak Park, California
“Perfect Place for a Sweet Tooth!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Delicious Delicious Delicious!! This place is amazing! They have a wonderful selection of pastries, including their freshly stuffed cannolis, puff pastries, cookies, macaroons, brownies, a beautiful pastry called a Swan, etc. They also have incredible gelato. The almond pistachio is my favorite! Honestly, you need to go hungry because you won't be able to choose just one thing! So many great things to nibble on! Or go with friends and everyone can share!!! YUMMMMMY!

Visited June 2013