“It was ice cream and gelato.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Angelo Brocato Ice Cream

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
214 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119-5109 (Mid-City)
(504) 486-0078
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Monee, Illinois
“It was ice cream and gelato.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We went at about 9pm. It was nice that they were open later. I had a cream puff and rum raisin ice cream. It was good. It wasn't the best I have ever had. I enjoyed the decor but the bar and the Chinese restaurant next door kind of ruined it a bit. Oh and the off duty police officer doing security at the door too was different for an ice cream shop.

• 4 of 5 stars
4 Thank jessicamariez

Lafayette, Louisiana
“Absolutely delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

It's a tradition to go to Bracato's for fig cookies and cannoli's in my family. Me and my siblings went there recently and got the gelato and holy cow the rum custard was delicious! My brother got that flavor and I totally hijacked it from him! I also tried the Black Forest cookie and that was delish! The staff was super helpful and nice. The line was super long but they still were nice when I asked to sample a couple of gelato favors.
I plan to make the gelato a stample purchase there now.

• 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Angelle V
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“great gelato and cannoli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We took a pint of Italian Kiss gelato back to our hotel and it was great - took chocolate dipped cannoli's home and they were great 2 days later

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Tar701
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Have been going here all my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I love this place. It is very much old New Orleans. The blood orange ice is fabulous. I am also partial to the cannolis. They make a small and large size, so you can have gelato and a small cannoli.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank friendofmitzi
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Real Italian goodies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is one of those fun places where everything looks way too delicious (and probably is). It is very difficult choosing what you want to eat. Our local New Orleans friend told us beforehand we were going here for dessert so we made sure to leave room for something sweet (not always easy when having some great Cajun cooking for dinner).

Our friend had his usual cannoli (I hate boring people, but he didn't leave a crumb). My husband had a couple of flavors of gelato. I ended up after much deliberation having a slice of cheesecake which included a layer flavored with pistachio…Yum (and that is a huge understatement)!

I had them box up a pound of Italian cookies to bring home for some friends (much appreciated) and a small box of coconut macaroons, which both travel very well.

The only problem I can see, is buying too much to take with you as some goodies don’t last well for very many days!

2 Thank TravelLover2345