“Absolutely delicious!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angelo Brocato Ice Cream

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
214 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119-5109 (Mid-City)
(504) 486-0078
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Absolutely delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

It's a tradition to go to Bracato's for fig cookies and cannoli's in my family. Me and my siblings went there recently and got the gelato and holy cow the rum custard was delicious! My brother got that flavor and I totally hijacked it from him! I also tried the Black Forest cookie and that was delish! The staff was super helpful and nice. The line was super long but they still were nice when I asked to sample a couple of gelato favors.
I plan to make the gelato a stample purchase there now.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

95% Recommend
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“great gelato and cannoli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We took a pint of Italian Kiss gelato back to our hotel and it was great - took chocolate dipped cannoli's home and they were great 2 days later

Visited April 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Have been going here all my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I love this place. It is very much old New Orleans. The blood orange ice is fabulous. I am also partial to the cannolis. They make a small and large size, so you can have gelato and a small cannoli.

Visited April 2013
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Real Italian goodies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is one of those fun places where everything looks way too delicious (and probably is). It is very difficult choosing what you want to eat. Our local New Orleans friend told us beforehand we were going here for dessert so we made sure to leave room for something sweet (not always easy when having some great Cajun cooking for dinner).

Our friend had his usual cannoli (I hate boring people, but he didn't leave a crumb). My husband had a couple of flavors of gelato. I ended up after much deliberation having a slice of cheesecake which included a layer flavored with pistachio…Yum (and that is a huge understatement)!

I had them box up a pound of Italian cookies to bring home for some friends (much appreciated) and a small box of coconut macaroons, which both travel very well.

The only problem I can see, is buying too much to take with you as some goodies don’t last well for very many days!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tennessee
“DO NOT MISS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I don't care how far you have to drive, walk, or taxi to get there but do not miss this authentic Italian bakery. My husband and I stay at a great B&B around the corner (1896 O'Malley House) and frequent the bakery for gelato almost every night of our stay. They are closed on Mondays so plan to get your biscotti, torrone, and Scadalina to go - boxed to go and tied with traditional twine.

Visited February 2013