“Have been going here all my life” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angelo Brocato Ice Cream

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
214 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119-5109 (Mid-City)
(504) 486-0078
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Mid-City
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Have been going here all my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I love this place. It is very much old New Orleans. The blood orange ice is fabulous. I am also partial to the cannolis. They make a small and large size, so you can have gelato and a small cannoli.

Visited April 2013

Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Real Italian goodies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is one of those fun places where everything looks way too delicious (and probably is). It is very difficult choosing what you want to eat. Our local New Orleans friend told us beforehand we were going here for dessert so we made sure to leave room for something sweet (not always easy when having some great Cajun cooking for dinner).

Our friend had his usual cannoli (I hate boring people, but he didn't leave a crumb). My husband had a couple of flavors of gelato. I ended up after much deliberation having a slice of cheesecake which included a layer flavored with pistachio…Yum (and that is a huge understatement)!

I had them box up a pound of Italian cookies to bring home for some friends (much appreciated) and a small box of coconut macaroons, which both travel very well.

The only problem I can see, is buying too much to take with you as some goodies don’t last well for very many days!

• Visited April 2013
Tennessee
“DO NOT MISS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I don't care how far you have to drive, walk, or taxi to get there but do not miss this authentic Italian bakery. My husband and I stay at a great B&B around the corner (1896 O'Malley House) and frequent the bakery for gelato almost every night of our stay. They are closed on Mondays so plan to get your biscotti, torrone, and Scadalina to go - boxed to go and tied with traditional twine.

Visited February 2013
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

This place is awesome. You can order anything and be blown away. The atmosphere is great! Good after dinner spot to stop at on your way home.

• Visited September 2012
“Taste the past!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is the way Ice Cream used to be in some ways and is better than it ever was! The decor is totally retro. The choices are mind-boggaling (Ice cream, italian ice, and dozens of types of pastries). The search for a parking space is worth the effort, as is the wait in line. Incerdible ice cream, although my wife and I usually go for the Italian Ice. We always take our favorite out-of-town guests there. You can be siure there is no place back home than even compares. It is the best!

• Visited April 2013