“Lemon ice and other delicacies” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angelo Brocato Ice Cream

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
214 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119-5109 (Mid-City)
(504) 486-0078
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Lemon ice and other delicacies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

After a disappointing meal at Vincent's, we headed to Angelo Brocato's for dessert. We had a selection of gelatos, an almond crescent, and a decaf latte. Everything was excellent, and the lemon ice was as just the same as it was when I was a child - sublime. My eleven year old, visiting New Orleans for the first time, declared the lemon ice to be one of the two perfect food he's ever tasted.

It's worth waiting in the long line for Brocato's. the staff are universally pleasant and cheerful, and you will not find a more satisfying dessert.

Arlington, TX
“Fantastic gelato and cannoli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Hubs and I shared a medium cup of chocolate hazelnuet and pecan praline. The chocolate hazelnut is perfect but the pecan praline is the gelato that dreams are made of, I mean over the top deliciousness! We got a cannoli to go and forgot about it till the next day-it was no longer crisp but the filling was still fantastic!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“I Would Give it 500 Stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Brocato's is by far, without a doubt, the place I would suggest most to visit while in New Orleans. Everything about Brocato's is perfection. If it's too cold for ice cream, my top picks are their cherry or apple turnovers, an eclair, or a cream puff - but everything is delicious. Literally, I have never tasted better ice cream.

Visited February 2012
Auburn
“Superb ice cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We read great reviews of this place and were not disappointed. The strawberry cheesecake ice cream may be the best my husband and I have ever tasted. We returned the next day and purchased cannolis, which had been highly recommended, but we were a tad disappointed in them. We will definitely return every time we visit NOLA.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“A tradition of Old New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Great place to get a nice gelato or some great Italian cookies.I loved everything about it.It gets crowded at night so dome early and have a great time

Visited January 2012