“Heavenly Treats” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angelo Brocato Ice Cream

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
214 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119-5109 (Mid-City)
(504) 486-0078
Dining options: Dessert, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mid-City
“Heavenly Treats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Have been getting goodies from here for the past 20 yrs and they never disappoint. My wife is a chocolate dipped cannoli aficionado; I go with the rum cake, kids go with chocolate eclaire and mint-chocolate chip ice cream.

We always end up with a few almond crescents, some Napoleons, the rum raisin ice cream is also very good. The only thing I've ever not liked we're these special old time cookies (don't remember if they were clove or anise---the lady warned me Ithat the old timers liked them and I probably wouldn't like them...I should've listened), but everything else is 100% delicious.

The only downside I know of is that they tend to get extremely busy sometimes, and seating is at a premium, so a big group would have to go during off times or send some scouts ahead of time to sit at some tables. But the staff works fast, friendly, and I bet if you speak in Italian, they'd probably reply likewise!

One last thing, if you like the cannoli filling, let me recommend the cassata cake. We've had it for a few birthdays, and it is a hit with everyone! I'm glad my birthday is coming up soon!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New Orleans, LA
“A Wonderful New Orleans Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Not only are you experiencing some of the best gelato one could possibly find outside of Italy, but the fact that this family has been a part of New Orleans heritage for over 100 years makes it that much more special. If you are a visitor to New Orleans, take the time to venture out of the French Quarter and take a short street car ride up Canal to visit A. Brocato's

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Gelatto I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I've tried several Gelatto places on my trips and this is the best Gelatto I've tasted. I couldn't even imagine another one topping this one! I went twice to this place during my trip. I will definetly visit here again on my next trip to new Orleans.

sacramento
“It's the real thing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I came upon this jewel of a place totally by accident after taking the streetcar the Carrolton st stop on the way to City Park. Best gelato I've outside of Italy! Great service and too many choices! Worth the ride just to go to this incredibly authentic gelateria..

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Friendly Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The ladies behind the counter were great. Service is very fast. Small place so expect lots of people (couples, families, and groups) relaxing in the store. Parking is horrible. I usually have to park in the neighborhood behind the store. It is well worth the walk.

Visited September 2012