“NOT a best value” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #137 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
Austin
“NOT a best value”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

There were some good things about this hotel, but not much. It was very cheap and had free parking. The area wasn't bad, and the location was an easy drive to the French Quarter and garden district. Now for the cons. Worst thing was that the toilet seat in our bathroom was broken, so you felt like it would slip off each time you used it. Next, the wireless signal was too weak and they recommended you just use it while in the lobby. The fridge in our room did not work, there was no microwave as advertised, and the entire hallway/room smelled like smoke even though we got a non-smoking room. Bottom line, only stay if you need a cheap place for the night that has a bed and bathroom. Don't expect much else.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank thumperbopper

Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

We went to the hotel in New Orleans on Tulane. This is the WORST hotel I have ever seen in my life. We booked a King Suite overlooking the pool from the website, when we got there, we were on the third floor in a corner room that had 2 dirty doubles in it and the room looked like it had been in a brawl or bust. We went back downstairs and their appeared to be a "hooker" in the office, and spoke to the desk clerk, who said this was their king suite, in the meantime, their were drug deals going down in the parking deck. After we got back to the room we noticed other things like the hairdryer didn't work, the carpet was dirty, the toilet had not been flushed, it was HORRIBLE! And looking out the fire escape, it looked as if "anything/anybody" could be lurking in the corridors, not to mention the sign at the front desk about putting your things in a safe due to forced entry and they would be insured up to $10,000. Needless to say we were not there more than 30 minutes and got our money back and came all the way back home, as their were no other rooms within miles for that weekend! Our hotel here in Pensacola, is a nice, clean, and as far as I know reputable part of y'alls chain. You may want to reconsider this paticular location being affiliated with you or your website in any nature~!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank cc_mc22

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

SOUTH BURLINGTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

I had stayed at this property years ago when it was a Best Western and had always found it a convenient location. I had a rent a car but in hindsight it really wasn't necessary. The bus stop is right in front of the hotel, a short 2 block walk will take you to the trolley car on Canal Street. As this was my first post Katrina I went back here out of habit. For a good basic room this place was fine. I had called ahead to negotiate a rate for a 4 night stay. Upon arrival, which was at 10:30 PM, I was made to feel like a real VIP and received a superior room. Amenities included a micro wave and a mini fridge. The wireless internet worked like a charm and the full cable TV was nice add on. The A/C unit was quite and cool and the pool was clean and refreshing. The free continental breakfast was simply coffee and sweet rolls but it was free and got the day off to a good start. Don't hesitate to stay at this property.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

This motel was clean, and a decent value for the money -
it has Wifi and breakfast included in the price. Location was very convenient.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
church point, LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

The Pictures & Description of this Bate's Motel is all a huge inflated lie. No deluxe continental breakfast, no newspaper is just the beginning. Add in the filthy unreliable elevator, piles of pigeon poop, vagrants outside the office; BLACK MOLD on walls, filthy sheets with cigarette ashes and burn marks; we were assigned 3 different rooms in one night due to the outrageous conditions we were sleeping in. A/C broken. Brown bath water. Blood stained carpeting. Box springs in all 3 rooms stained beyond reason. No remote controls. TV's in poor condition. Windows so dirty you couldn't see out. Never saw whirlpool or sauna or work out room. One pool working but no lights for night time safety, hidden areas and accessible to street people.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beesknees0568
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2005

This was a trip booked through LastMinuteTravel. While the price was very reasonable, I learned you get what you paid for. It is indeed in a very unsavory part of town, and you learn quickly not to venture out after dark alone. It was located nearer to the SuperDome than to downtown, which was about a $7.00 cab ride to get to the French Quarter.
When I booked the reservation, I asked for a smoking room with king bed, and got a non smoking double, which they did not want to change. When we arrived, the front desk clerk stayed on an obvious personal call, not acknowledging our presence. When I asked for the room to be changed, there was a fair amount of attitude. She did grudgingly change it to a smoking room, but stated that to upgrade to a king bed was $10 per night additional, and I would need to call the people who made my reservation. The elevator was substandard at best, and scared the bejeezus out of my boyfriend and myself for the creaking rolling and grinding sounds.

The room smelled, and the covers had stains on the undersides. The bathroom tub and toilet both dripped. The heating and cooling system were substandard at best.

The "free breakfast" was lousy old coffee, watered down juice, and silver dollar sized stale pastries. They also advertised a outdoor hot tub, though there were numerous signs we never did find it. The best part of the hotel stay was our shuttle driver, Irene, who dropped us wherever we wanted to go, and was VERY friendly.

The trip itself was great, though the city is not the most fragrant.
Beware the 3 for 1 drinks! Very dangerous! Also, do not be seduced by the souvenir glass offerings. Go to the visitor center first thing for discount coupons in the Louisana and New Orleans travel guides.
Best advice I can give ANYONE going to New Orleans: bring Purell and toilet seat covers. Even in the best locations, the toilets are really quite gross given that New Orleans is below sea level.

I am more than happy to provide other reviews of local activities, and my own top ten list of things to do while on vacation to N'Awlins. :)
Aquarium of the Americas, RiverWalk, MardiGras World, Cafe du Monde, Jackson Square, Garden District, the cemetaries, Moonwalk, and I highly recommend taking a Swamp Tour. Top eats for us included Emeril's NOLA, Bubba Gump, and Margaritaville.

Laissez le bon temps roullez! (Let the good times roll!)

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
nm
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2004

staying at this hotel is a HUGE mastake. The office is outside the hotel and there is a wall between the elevator door where you go to your room and the office. They CAN NOT see who is entering the hotel. And there IS NOT any security.on duty. On top of this is that wasnt bad enough. its in a BAD neighborhood. the people AT THE HOTEL desk told me do not go out at night it is a bad area. I will never stay there again. New Orleans I love you but NOT the best western patio hotel!

8 Thank the_undertaker