“About time to review” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Street Courtyard

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Royal Street Courtyard
You added Royal Street Courtyard to your Saves list
2438 Royal Street, New Orleans, LA 70117 (Bywater)   |
Ranked #11 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“About time to review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I'm finally getting around to reviewing my stay here from last summer. I was on a short vacation and after reading other reviews I knew I had to stay here. Excellent service, great location, and overall a wonderful experience. I'd definitely come back if I'm in the area again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We weren't surprised at how wonderful RSC was after reading all of the Trip Advisor reviews, but I just want to add to the chorus. I've always feared using B&Bs for their stodginess and pretense, but RSC is a comfortable and very pretty, yet informal, property run by two very warm and informative people with great wit. Only a short walk from Frenchman Street and the French Quarter, we were very happy getting the heck out of the tourist scrum and into an interesting, more organic neighborhood. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed at RSC for the second time last October. Once again we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Philip made us feel as if we were family returning for a visit. This trip to New Orleans, we spent a great deal more time, just hanging around the B&B. Our room (number 10) is extremely comfortable and we love the balcony access. We used the Jacuzzi several times and spent an evening on the front porch just watching the world go by. We had not been to NOLA in two years, so Philip spent time upon our arrival, filling us in on the newest local hot spots to eat and enjoy drinks. Upon arriving home we were sent a text message from Philip and David, that my husband forgot his shoes... and the were promptly shipped to us! I have never stayed at another hotel/B&B who would have done that. I can't say enough about RSC, its location and New Orleans. It has become our home away from home and we look forward to returning in March.

Room Tip: We love the rooms upstairs with the balcony access. Room 10 has a very comfy bed!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

It´s a great B&B, with comfy, tasty decorated rooms. Owners are really friendly and gave us amazing tips of where to eat/drink and attractions. It isn't inside the quarter, though is in walking distance from it, on a quiet and safe neighborhood.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I travel to New Orleans a lot, for business and pleasure, over the past 30 years. I've stayed in hotels, B&B's, sublets... but this is the best place I've ever temporarily called home in the Big Easy. The location is perfect! Close enough to everything important that you can easily walk, bike, or take the streetcar anywhere you'll want to go. The house is beautiful... real old New Orleans style. The rooms are lovely and large, the beds comfortable, the house feline welcoming yet dignified, and your hosts are friendly, fun, knowledgeable and as hands-off (or on) as you want them to be. I left feeling like I'd made two new friends. Royal Street Courtyard is fabulous value for your money, and a taste of real New Orleans living (although in a lovelier setting than many real New Orleanians can afford). The neighborhood is beautiful, historic and safe. Can't think of a single reason NOT to stay here if you're visiting New Orleans for any reason. I will be recommending this place exclusively from now on!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have en-suite bathrooms, and some do not. Even if your bathroom is down the hall...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Chenier, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This was our first stay at a bed and breakfast and it certainly won't be our last! My husband and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon. I picked this place because the reviews were great and it wasn't outrageously priced like many of the hotels, caused by the Saints vs Dallas game that weekend. When we arrived we were welcomed by Mr. Phillip who happens to be a wonderful host. He gave us an informative tour of the house and provided us with maps that included his suggestions on places to visit and dine. He also showed Chris how to work the hot tub, who happens to be the hot tub fanatic out of the two of us. We stayed in the spacious room # 10 which included beautiful antique furniture, and a nice balcony. The location of the house was great, since maneuvering a 3/4 ton truck around the French Quarter was out of the question we walked everywhere and made use of the trolley system.

Room Tip: room 10 is very spacious and has a nice balcony
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This B&B is located in a very quaint, quiet, safe and really neat neighborhood. It is perfectly nestled just close enough to the Conference Center and French Quarter yet far enough to escape the hustle and bustle New Orleans has to offer. The front porch radiates the perfect southern flair and peacefulness to have friendly conversations with other guests and most of all the owners David and Philip. Dave and Phillip are true hosts in every sense and really give the flair and character that sets this B&B head and shoulders above others. The B&B is a true New Orleans architecture built in the 1850's. I can't imagine staying anywhere else and will absolutely be returning int he future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Royal Street Courtyard? Share your experiences!