“A TRUE GEM!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Maison de Macarty to your Saves list
Maison de Macarty
3.5 of 5 Guest house   |   3820 Burgundy Street, New Orleans, LA 70117   |
Announcement
$ave Book on our Website!
Ranked #6 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A TRUE GEM!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Maison de Macarty for 5 nights over the NY celebrations.
First time in Nola. We had the best time and although New Orleans is amazing, vibrant and dynamic our experience wouldn't have been the same without Maison de Macarty. The building is spectacular, beautifully decorated. Lovely Xmas tree by the fire and large poinsettia plants throughout the hall and living room. Each room is different, some large than others. A truly special place. I loved breakfast time. Curtis, the chef, cooked very tasty, flavoursome and different dishes everyday. We also enjoyed very much the company of the other guests. We chatted together sharing the things that we had done or had planned for that day. For me the piece of resistance was Kurt, what and amazing and warm host. He would go above and beyond to make sure that your every need is satisfied. We were cold in the Pond Cottage on our first night and Kurt along with his business partner Dr.Warren made sure that that would not happened again and we were moved to the main house right away. They took that night off from the total bill which it was a really nice gesture. All I can say is that our family or friends wouldn't have treated us better. They have been managing the place for over a year now. They are doing a fantastic job. When visiting NOLA, you should have a bit of Kurt, Dr.Warren and Curtis TLC. I know we did. Its a shame my phone was stolen back in London and all my photos of that precious time have gone. All I have is memories but what a great ones!!!!!!

Room Tip: Room 1, has a beautiful balcony.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BigEasyTraveler1, Owner at Maison de Macarty, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Wow! Do we miss the two of you! Great conversation at breakfast, fun out in the clubs, you girls rocked! I can't wait until our paths cross again. Thanks for the great review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I love to travel. We particularly love "hoteling". So our choice of a B&B was unusual but it is located in the Bywater section of New Orleans where we were going to visit family. We were delighted with every part of our experience.
We had alerted the proprietor, Kurt, of a late arrival. No problem! He gave us the front door code and left a charming note with our room key and directions for where to find ice in the kitchen and a nicely stocked bar in the dining room. Also home made cookies in the parlor. Heavenly arrival after a day of work and evening of travel.
The chef, Chris, produced wonderful full breakfasts none of them the same. So it was a treat each morning to anticipate our meal. Kurt greeting us cheerfully with coffee ready as soon as we entered the dining area. On our last day we had an early flight. Again, no problem! Kurt and Chris moved breakfast up for us to enjoy a full hour earlier than normal schedule.
We can't imagine staying anywhere else when we return to New Orleans.

Room Tip: Room 1, our choice, was spacious and had a front balcony. Loved it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
BigEasyTraveler1, Owner at Maison de Macarty, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you! It was such a delight to meet the other side of the family! It's always a treat to have your family around here, we love them all! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
lake charles, la
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

An enjoyable experience due to a kind hearted, warm, friendly atmosphere with such beautiful and comfortable accommodations.
Within walking distance of my family's home!
My host, Kurt went beyond all expectations, sharing and welcoming.
Cannot wait for the next opportunity.
And I am recommending this B&B to all my friends and family.
BrendaB

Room Tip: If you can, "the cottage" was a delight!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the review! I hope we will be seeing you more often as you visit your family. Also sending you out a "break a leg" on your next performance, what ever it may be.
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

A perfect stay in a picturesque neighborhood. The 20 or so block walk to Frenchmen Street is effortless, refreshing and full of local characters. I also enjoyed riding on their complimentary bikes which I think is actually a better way to explore to neighborhood. The quality gourmet breakfasts by Curtis were lovely; my Room #6 was comfy, clean and simply like a home away from home, and Kurt and Warren were welcoming, helpful and caring. Maison de Macarty definitely lives up and exceeds all the rave reviews!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
BigEasyTraveler1, Owner at Maison de Macarty, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review us! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to make use of the free bikes. I hope to see you again sometime in the future.
Breda, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed here for 7 days due to a conference. The B&B is beautiful, very cozy. I stayed in room #6 which has the bedroom upstairs and the HUGE private bathroom downstairs, it's some sort of a duplex.

Host Kurt is wonderful: extremely friendly, knowledgeable about NOLA and caring. When I wanted to go shopping in a mall that is hard to reach by public transport he took me there the next day and picked me up 2 hours later, right on time. What incredibly thoughtful. Whatever you want: just ask Kurt and he fixes it for you.

Unfortunately I had a very bad week in NOLA due to a hernia that seemed to get worse by the hour. As my plane left at 1900, I asked Kurt if I could have a late check-out as I really couldn't visit anything anyway. That was no problem at all, and I could stay in the room just as long as I wanted.

Curtis is the chef who prepares breakfast every morning. Oh-boy......be prepared to wake up in the morning smelling the most delicious things already that just want to make you get out of bed and taste it! Breakfast kept me going for the whole day so I never (not one single day) had to get lunch. Very tasteful and Curtis is, like Kurt, ever so friendly and kind.

I had a great stay and will not hesitate one second to stay there again when visiting NOLA.

Thanks for everything Kurt and Curtis, I wish I could have enjoyed it more because of the omnipresent pains I was having. Another time I hope!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BigEasyTraveler1, Owner at Maison de Macarty, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay! I'm sorry you had the pain issue that prevented you from getting out more, but I'm glad room 6 was a comfortable place to rest. Thanks for taking the time to review us. I look forward to seeing you at some time in the future.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

What a wonderful time and memory I will have from now on! My partner and I stayed in one of the cottages and we fell in love with your place. Kurt's way is one of the utmost kindness and care given to his guest and we appreciate your taking us in at the last minute. I had the best New Year experience in my life and your B&B was a huge part of it. I was especially impressed with the detail of decoration for the season and as others have said, my expectations were greatly exceeded. Thank you for your hospitality and sharing your beautiful property with us. We will definitely be coming back. Love to you and Happy New Year!! - Rob and Mark, Oklahoma City, OK

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BigEasyTraveler1, Owner at Maison de Macarty, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thanks for the review! I'm so glad that we were able to take you in last minute, and save you from "that other place!" ha! Sometimes last minute changes work out for the best. I know it did for us. We look forward to seeing you often in the future.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed staying here with a group of friends on my first visit to New Orleans! Everyone treated us so well, the breakfasts were amazingly wonderful and my room #1 really gave me a sense of living in an historic home. Thanks, guys for everything and good luck to you this year. Our cabbie told us we need to come back for Halloween...sounds like a plan!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
BigEasyTraveler1, Owner at Maison de Macarty, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us while you were in Nola celebrating your birthday! You and your friends were awesome and we look forward to you coming back.

Been to Maison de Macarty? Share your experiences!