We really appreciated the quality, service, and style of the breakfast, the ability to read books in Kevin and Wendy's very full book shelves, the chance to chat with Kevin while drinking early morning coffee on the back porch, the seclusion of the back garden with all of its lovely plants, two fish ponds and porch swing, the quietness of the general vicinity, the ease of access to the free ferry across the Mississippi, the general hometown safe feel of Algiers Pt., Boudin!, the comfort of the bed and the ability to do laundry were all very welcoming touches. We have already booked another stay - this time for our son and his fiance's wedding - and we have 'sold' my sister on the idea of booking her stay at the House of the Rising Son as well.
- Also Known As:
- House Of The Rising Sun b&b
- House Of The Rising Sun Hotel
- House Of The Rising Sun Hotel New Orleans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1896, this charming "shotgun double" cottage is nestled within the beautiful Algiers Point Historic District, a short walk from the free ferry to the French Quarter, Convention Center, etc. Features 11 foot ceilings, hardwood floors, and private bathrooms. Come and slip back in time in New Orleans' best kept secret - Algiers Point. ... more less