The House of the Rising Sun - in a quiet neighbourhood and very short FREE ferry ride to the hustle and bustle of the French Quarter. Our visit was made special by the hospitality of Kevin and Wendy, by the friendliness of the people in the area, and by visiting local "non touristy" bars. If you want to get under the skin of New Orleans then The House of the Rising Sun is the place to stay. Kevin will guide you through the musical and demographic history of the area - you will not get that in any 5 star hotel!
After a day walking far and wide it was great to get back to this quiet hamlet and listen to the silence, especially in the morning.
- Also Known As:
- House Of The Rising Sun b&b
- House Of The Rising Sun Hotel
- House Of The Rising Sun Hotel New Orleans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1896, this charming "shotgun double" cottage is nestled within the beautiful Algiers Point Historic District, a short walk from the free ferry to the French Quarter, Convention Center, etc. Features 11 foot ceilings, hardwood floors, and private bathrooms. Come and slip back in time in New Orleans' best kept secret - Algiers Point. ... more less