We stayed at HRS B&B between Christmas and New Years. We were looking for a relaxing opportunity to explore New Orleans and this was perfect. The neighborhood is quiet and safe. The House is beautifully decorated and spotless. Kevin is a local historian, full of friendly, knowledgeable advice, and a genuine nice guy. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of NOLA history, food and music. The breakfast was healthy, fresh and tasty. The location was perfect for us. We loved finishing the evenings with a ferry ride across the Mississippi from the crazy French Quarter to our quiet refuge in Algiers Point.
- Also Known As:
- House Of The Rising Sun Hotel
- House Of The Rising Sun b&b
- House Of The Rising Sun Hotel New Orleans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1896, this charming "shotgun double" cottage is nestled within the beautiful Algiers Point Historic District, a short walk from the free ferry to the French Quarter, Convention Center, etc. Features 11 foot ceilings, hardwood floors, and private bathrooms. Come and slip back in time in New Orleans' best kept secret - Algiers Point. ... more less