Once again our hosts Kevin & Wendy were the most delightful, helpful hosts we have ever come across anywhere in our travels. This was our second stay with them and we went back because it was so delightful the 1st time round. We actually looked forward to our stay at their B&B.They make you feel so at home and the B&B is simply the best!!! There is not enough room in this review to list all that is great about this place, you just have to experience it for yourself but I can assure you, it is well worth the visit.
I know New Orleans, come from there, and can honestly tell you that if you want a TRUE New Orleans experience, this is the place to stay. Beautiful setting, quiet neighbourhood, walking distance to the ferry & quick ferry ride to all the N.O. attractions, clean fresh rooms,all you would want from a top notch B&B but what makes it stand out so far above the rest is your hosts. Kevin knows a thing or 2 about New Orleans & in my view is 1 of the best guides you could ask for.This place is a must and will make your trip. Can not recommend enough. Thank you Kevin & Wendy for making our trip so magical again. We will be back!
- Also Known As:
- House Of The Rising Sun b&b
- House Of The Rising Sun Hotel
- House Of The Rising Sun Hotel New Orleans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1896, this charming "shotgun double" cottage is nestled within the beautiful Algiers Point Historic District, a short walk from the free ferry to the French Quarter, Convention Center, etc. Features 11 foot ceilings, hardwood floors, and private bathrooms. Come and slip back in time in New Orleans' best kept secret - Algiers Point. ... more less