“One word...WOW!” 5 of 5 stars

2023 Esplanade Ave., New Orleans, LA 70116   |
Ranked #2 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
“One word...WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2005

What a great experience I had at Ashton's B&B! The hospitality extended to me during my stay was second to none! I appreciate all that Patrick did to make sure I had a great experience, even the restaurants he recommended were great! I was traveling on business, and it was a great place to get away for a little while.... especially in the jacuzzi! And the bed was so comfortable, I didn't want to get up! Can't wait to go back and stay again when I can extend my visit to experience the city a little more.
I would definately recommend this B&B!

Stayed August 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2005

We just returned from our stay and simply had to brag about our stay! Our hosts, Patrick and Karma where welcoming and generous with their knowledge of New Orleans.

The breakfasts where simply amazing and the hours where very flexible. We didn't feel we had to rush to make it in time. Having snacks and beverages during the day made the stay even better.

The bed was very comfortable and books where available if one would want to stay in and rest.

We would certainly visit Ashton's again, we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed August 2005
Dallas,Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2005

If your desire is to enjoy and wallow in an authentic NOLA experience then Ashton's is your place. Ashton's allows you the opportunity to live and eat as a local.

When booking this celebratory weekend, it was important that we find a place that was safe, comfortable, clean and in close proximity to all the major attractions. The fact that Patrick delivers an awesome breakfast each and every morning and has a love and incredible knowledge of his city was a HUGE bonus. Patrick's assistant,Queen,was adorable and made us feel like family.

I love New Orleans for it's uniqueness and coming back to Ashton's each night gave me an even greater appreciation for the city.

Thank you Patrick and Karma, I look forward to returning with my husband.

• Stayed August 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2005

This is the most accommodating and comfortable bed and breakfast we have ever encountered. My husband and I have stayed here on eight or nine occasions - basically, we don't travel to New Orleans unless we can book a stay at Ashton's. I'm puzzled as to the previous reviewer's assessment of "rigid rules" and breakfast times. Breakfast is available from approximately 8 a.m. until 10 a.m. (Patrick and Karma Ashton are flexible and laid-back in true Big Easy style), and you are served a freshly prepared gourmet meal when you are ready for it. I, like so many these days, prefer a protein-based meal (read:low-carb), and Patrick presented me with a number of delicious options from which to choose. Whatever your choice, you will be stuffed until dinner time with the delicious and imaginative offerings from Patrick's culinary repertoire. The only other rules relate to a prohibition of smoking and the use of other potentially dangerous flammables like candles and incense. These historic structures cannot be replaced if they are lost. And if you are bothered by other guests, let your hosts know - they will take diplomatic steps to ensure your comfort. And lastly, Ashton's is a gorgeous mansion on Esplanade Avenue, with beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, top-notch amenities, and gracious hosts. Yes, there are a few transitional structures in the neighborhood, , but this is true for most of historic New Orleans, including the Garden District. And in terms of safety and tranquility, you're much better off here than in the French Quarter, trust me. Ashton's offers discounts for return customers; couple that with free secure parking and great meals, and you have a deal that rivals any of the city's hotels. I have never been asked by Ashton's to post a review - I do so because I know that you will absolutely delighted with your stay, as we have been so many times.

Bay St. Louis, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2005

We just returned from a short stay in New Orleans at Ashtons Bed and Breakfast. This inn was everything that we expected and more. The owners are wonderful people who take every effort to make sure you are comfortable and feel welcome. It was like staying with friends :) The house is beautiful and very well kept. The hearty breakfasts will keep you full until dinner. I would certainly return and would recommend them to anyone.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2005

My family just returned from a 3 night stay in two of the rooms in the main house. It was an OUTSTANDING experience in every way.

Karma and Patrick have a beautiful home and are most gracious hosts. They accommodated our every need and provided expert advice on fantastic local restaurants. Jacques-Imos and Mandinas serve some of the best meals we've ever tasted.

The gourmet breakfasts created by Patrick were the culinary highlight of each day and are very filling.

DAY 1: Bananas Foster over Belgium waffles
DAY2: Fruit bowl with croissant filled with Creme Brule followed by Eggs Benedict from scratch with a side of premium bacon
DAY 3: Peach stuffed French toast with pecan praline sauce

The rooms are well furnished with antiques and modern reproductions and each one is unique including its own bathroom. The beds are luxuriously appointed and incredibly comfortable. The parlor, porches, and back patio with 150-year old oak are great places to sit and relax. There is a large parking area and the whole complex is secured behind a wrought iron fence. The complementary "mini-bar" available day & night in the dining room provides great snacks and a wide variety of beverages.

We hated to leave and will be back to stay here again for our next visit! We wholeheartedly recommend Ashton's B&B to anyone looking for a great place to stay in New Orleans.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2005

You cannot beat the Ashton's Bed and Breakfast. And talk about the breakfast!! it was wonderful with cheif Patrick (the owner) and his lovely wife Karma. The rooms were the cleanest I have ever seen, you could eat off the floors and the furniture and decor were in style with the colonial home. I would give this a 5 star rating. Thanks for the adventure.

Stayed June 2005

Been to Ashton's Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!