“Can't beat it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Mount Riverview, New South Wales, Australia
“Can't beat it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Ashton’s B&B for 4 nights after it was recommended by a friend. We were not disappointed! Patrick and Karma went above and beyond to make our stay unforgettable. They are very warm and welcoming people, with a great knowledge of the local area.

Patrick’s breakfasts were outstanding! Such generous serves my husband and I ended up splitting the meals! The dining area is stunning and was always stocked with snacks and drinks – not that you’ll need it.

The house is enormous and beautifully decorated. We stayed in the Cajun Kitchen room, which was located out the back. This room was super comfortable and very private. The front veranda is fully equipped with rocking chairs! We sat out the front every afternoon and enjoyed a drink or coffee.

The location of the property is good, at first it feels a little out of town but that’s what I loved about it. We walked into the French Quarter every day.
If you enjoy walking, it was only a 15 to 20min walk and you get to look at all the beautiful homes along the way. We caught taxis of an evening and the taxi service was quick and easy. Only a very short cab ride and cost around $7 to $10 at the most.

We loved our stay at Ashton’s and hope to return in the future. I recommend Ashton’s to everyone! If your planning to visit New Orleans, you can’t beat Ashton’s B&B.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness

Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My husband and I were very pleased with our stay at Ashton's Bed and Breakfast. The food and service were both excellent and it felt like a home away from home. The Jackson Square room and decor of the house were gorgeous, but my favorite thing were the sheets on the bed... just heavenly. If you're looking for a quiet, romantic spot close to the touristic sites of New Orleans but away from all the noise, Ashton's is a great choice.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Middleburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

What a fantastic place to stay in New Orleans. Visited recently for a short trip before I went to Lake Charles for Travel Media Showcase. As a travel writer, I have stayed in lots of great places but Ashton's ranks up near the top of my list. It is gracious old New Orleans at its best. It combines the flavor of an exclusive antebellum home that offers a feel of one of the finest neighborhoods in the Crescent City with all the modern conveniences needed to make a visitor comfortable. Can't decide if I liked the delicious breakfasts--Bananas Foster Waffles was my favorite-- or the huge ball and claw whirlpool style tub best.

Room Tip: I stayed in the beautifully redone "slave quarters" and had a lovely view of the courtyard...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

The staff, decor, and food - fantastic!! My fiancé and I stayed in an incredible room in the main house, and had a big, beautiful, comfy bed! Breakfast was outstanding every morning (our favorite - sweet potato stuffed French toast with pecan maple syrup... I mean...). We couldn't have asked for a better experience. It was a little off the path, but we liked how quiet it was at night. Our stay was in April of 2013, but we never got around to posting a review, and have been talking about this place ever since. The staff did a great job of accommodating us, and we really enjoyed talking with Guy! Coming back next year. Awesome experience!

Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My stay at Ashton's Bed & Breakfast was actually a gift from my grandparents and what an awesome gift it was! We stayed in the 'Creole Queen' bc the room was painted red (my favorite color) and the description stated it was for couples looking for a romantic getaway (we were:). We were really impressed. The entire B&B is gorgeous, but the Creole Queen was especially aesthetically pleasing. It's tucked away in the back part of the house on the second story, so you feel like you have some privacy. We actually didn't have to walk through the main house as we went to and from the city. The room was clean and the A/C was in full effect (important when in NOLA during Hurricane season). It was definitely worth the extra money to have the shower and jacuzzi tub. The food is totally out of this world: Patrick says he has no formal training, but this man is a true self-made chef. One morning we had sweet potato french toast and the other morning we had poached eggs in a puff pastry with creole sauce...I literally almost licked the plate. John is a fantastic server. There are refreshments/snacks available for the rest of the day. The location is another part of what makes this place superb: it's a $10 cab fare to the French Quarter. Esplanade truly is an ideal location for access to the city. I would recommend taking a cab everywhere bc you'll pay at least $20 to self-park, so it's not worth the headache when cabs make it too easy. I can honestly say that we will be back. If you think about it, you pay just about what you would pay for a hotel and yet you get a 5-star breakfast instead of a continental breakfast of stale toast and cold cereal. You are also surrounded by history, cajun culture, and architectural beauty instead of cookie-cutter corporate buildings, which is why most visit New Orleans anyway, right? Karma made great recommendations on where to go/what to do. Patrick & Karma were incredibly accomodating when arrived late. They even give you a keyless clicker to park in the back! We were incredibly pleased and you will be, too!

Room Tip: Get rooms on the second floor in the back. The Creole Room was AMAZING!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Yorktown Heights, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

When you've had enough of the sightseeing and partying, Ashton's is a great place to rest. The house is beautiful, and our room was well-appointed with everything from bathrobes and luxurious sheets to Aveda toiletries. Karma and Patrick were excellent hosts and offered helpful tips on where to go and how to get there, but they were never intrusive. They provide round-the-clock snacks and beverages which they keep set up in their gorgeous dining room and the breakfasts they serve are absolutely top-notch. Each day they serve a different decadent breakfast. My favorite was the eggs Benedict on an artichoke heart. YUM!!! The location is halfway between the French Quarter and City Park, each about a 20 minute walk away. There is a bus stop out front and the United Taxi service is quick and reasonable. My husband and I walked some days and took the bus or a taxi at other times-it was all easy. We couldn't have chosen a better place to spend our 25th anniversary. This was our first time in New Orleans, but it won't be our last. We would love to stay at Ashton's again - we highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We spent 4 days in NO and had a great time. A big part of that stay was our host and room at Ashton's B&B. They know NO and led us to some great spots and helped us out in a new city. Would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple