“Loved Wanda, Richard, & Caroline!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ashton's Bed and Breakfast
2023 Esplanade Ave., New Orleans, LA 70116   |
Ranked #4 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Loved Wanda, Richard, & Caroline!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Thank you to Wanda, Richard, and Caroline for making our stay at Ashton's B & B so welcoming and memorable. We had a group of seven adults celebrating two birthdays.
WANDA, substitute Innkeeper (Patrick and Karma were away on holiday) was very attentive and warm and tended to our every need - the perfect hostess!
RICHARD, the resident chef, was such a genuinely sincere and gracious person. We so appreciated his cooking and his presence.
CAROLINE, the housekeeper, was so kind, attentive, gracious, and worked incredibly hard. Our rooms were impeccably cleaned and made lovely each and every day!
The house has a wonderful Southern feeling and we especially loved the architecture. The location, perfect for walking to the French Quarter and the Marigny. One feels more Local than Tourist.

Room Tip: Be aware that unless you are very comfortable with your traveling companion that the toilet and bath...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

543 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Six of us went to New Orleans to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. We could not have asked for a better experience and Ashton's was a huge part of our enjoyment.

Patrick and Karma did everything to make us feel comfortable and welcome including a delicious birthday cake with candles and singing for my husband's birthday!

Our rooms were beautiful, the beds divine and the sheets were so soft. I always note the bath products when staying in a hotel or B&B and Ashton's uses Aveda, my favourite.

Breakfast was outstanding, and if what is being served is not to your liking, Patrick is more than accommodating!

The location, while some may feel is a bit off the beaten track, was very accessible to the hot spots either by taxi or local bus, and after spending a day or evening on Bourbon or Frenchmen St., coming back to Ashtons to enjoy a quiet glass of wine on the front verandah was heaven!! (Wine can be purchased at the corner store across the street)

I can't say enough about Ashton's, it was truly our home for 4 days.

Thank you Patrick and Karma.

Catherine, Richard, Jennifer, Michel, Carol and Trevor

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

As you can see from all the previous reviews the place is perfect! Here are my reasons: great Inn Keeper and staff, the rooms are grandiose and sets that NoLa feel, breakfast you can not sleep through even if you had a late night( so worth the lack of sleep for it) and location to some It may feel off the beaten track but it's a location that you would otherwise not get to see. It was my first time in New Orleans and staying at the Ashton was the perfect place to start. Have already recommended this place to my New York City Folks!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My new bride and I spent our honeymoon at Ashton's and could not have had a better experience! It begin's with the welcoming Southern hospitality of everyone at Ashton's, from Patrick and Karma, (the owners), to Richard and Caroline. (...and do not forget the cats of Ashton's, as they will make you feel as welsome as the people.) From your fist moment in this charming, breathtaking,former plantation you feel like you are home. Everything you may need for your stay can be found in the beautiful dining room.... from coffee, to teas, to sodas, water, and local Louisiana snacks. We stayed in the Creole Queen and it was amazing! Wonderful room that just embraces you and makes you feel like you are at home. In the morning you wake up and in the dining room are treated to the most mouth-watering breakfast. Each day is different and seems to be better than the day before. (Breakfast alone makes you want to leap out of bed.) Ask Patrick about the walking tour he has created. It takes you on a pleasant walk to City Park and teaches you a great deal about the varied architecture of New Orleans as well as a stop at the St. Louis Cemetary #3. If you are looking for places to eat, or find real local places of interest, ask Patrick or Karma; as "born and bred", proud New Orleanians, they will be happy to point you in the right direction.
We cannot wait for our next trip to New Orleans, if nothing else, than for the chance to experience the congeniality of Ashton's yet again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My fiancee and I had a wonderful stay at Ashton's bed and breadkfast. We stayed in the Jackson Square room. Patrick (owner) called the room quirky because it has a clawfoot bathtub in the middle of it, but we loved it.
The breakfasts were amazing. The house is gorgeous. The owners were so helpful with suggestions on things to do in the area. When I booked the B&B I asked Patrick what was going on that weekend and he told me there was a Saints game. I bought the tickets to surprise my fiancee with them that Sunday at breakfast. It turns out our hosts were HUGE Saints fans and were going to the game as well. They let us tag along with them. We all celebrated together after a tight victory for the Saints against the Falcolns. It was such a wonderful experience that wouldn't have happened if Patrick hadn't told me about the game. This B&B went over the top with true Southern hospitality. I would recommend this place to anyone planning a stay in New Orleans.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingwood, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The house is beautiful, the Innkeepers are amazing, the finest details have been taken care of to make you feel at home!
When we first arrived, Patrick greeted us, and I got a tour of the home and the amenities, (dining room is awesome, supplied with goodies for anytime) along with some helpful advice on some of the places we wanted to visit.
The room was very cozy, along with a nicely supplied bathroom, including a great mineral soak for the claw foot tub, which I of course had to take advantage of! The sheets on the bed are amazing, the bed was great. My husband was very impressed with my selection for our weekend get away.
The location was perfect as well, not in a busy touristy area, but close to everything.
The breakfasts were simply amazing, you couldn't have gone to any restaurant there for better. Presentation and taste were exceptional, I'm a veganish eater, which they were more than willing to accommodate, but I ate it ALL this weekend!
We will DEFINITELY be back.
Thank you Patrick & team for an incredible experience...and making us not want to leave.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Baytown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was fortunate enough to stay for a week during Mardi Gras 2013 with Patrick and Karma at their Bed & Breakfast on Esplanade in New Orleans during Mardi Gras 2013. The amenities and options for this B&B are numerous, however I will rate the outstanding breakfast as the top of the line. The creativity and the taste of these breakfasts is beyond reproach. I especially like the assorted snacks, drinks and fresh fruit available after hours in the dining area. Fresh coffee every morning and congenial conversation in the dining area with the other guests. I stayed in the Cajun Kitchen of the Patio wing of this historic and gated B&B. House cleaning was excellent and their bathroom area was large and immaculate. They have an outside area by the Patio wing that has comfortable outdoor seating for early morning coffee or late night drinks. The front porch of the main house has an outstanding sitting area overlooking Esplanade. I walked numerous times, night and day, from Ashtons to the French Quarters as well as the Frenchmen St area and never encountered any issues. It is also an easy walk to the Fair grounds for Jazz Fest. Everybody was very friendly and Ashtons is located across Esplanade from the historic Treme district. Patrick was very accomodating in any requests and Karma provided quite a lot of information on the history of the area as well as the Mardi Gras parades and Krews. I will be staying with them again during Mardi Gras 2014 and, all in all, I will always make Ashtons my first choice to stay in New Orleans. I highly recommend that you spend some time with Patrick and Karma at the best B&B you will find anywhere.

Room Tip: Across Esplanade and down a block is a little privately owned store that provides late night deli se...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ashton's Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!