“Excellent staff, great place, great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maison Pierre Lafitte

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Maison Pierre Lafitte
108 University Place, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #79 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Excellent staff, great place, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We go to NOLA every year and this is the place we choose to stay. If you want a cookie cutter Red Roof Inn or Motel-6 kind of place then don't stay here. This is an older building with unique rooms and more classic-style furnishings. Not the boring, cookie-cutter shoebox rooms found in modern hotels. THAT is the point of staying in the Quarter...getting away from the same old stuff and experiencing something a bit different.
The location is great, right across the street from the quarter, a streetcar stop a block or so away.
The hotel bar hadn't reopened yet last time I was there but that would be nice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I stayed here as a timeshare and was greatly disappointed. While the location is great, how long can a place be "under renovation?" Also the sofa was so old that I dared not pull it out and use it as a sofabed. The bedroom was small and had no windows and no TV. The rug was also old. I would take a pass.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

Best thing about this place is location and privacy! A private historical room with living room and kitchen right beside the French Quarter and blocks away from the Riverwalk with the street car steps away! Can't get much better than that. Oh, and did I mention the fantastic staff and bar in the same building? We loved our trip and can't wait to go again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

This is a wonderful resort. The front lobby is still being repaired from the hurricans in the last years but the rooms are great. We stayed in the studio and it met all our needs for a trip to New Orleans. The city is all the amenities you need for this trip. It was across Canal Street from the French Quarter. We walked everywhere. The employees are very friendly and personable. They gave us lots of tips for day trips and how to get around town. The street is noisy almost all night, but you are not far from the medical district of New Orleans.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

My husband and two 16 year olds stayed in a one-bedroom (with pull out couch) room on the 4th floor. I was very shocked at how beautiful the room was and how much space we had. We stayed a week and couldn't have been more pleased. The owner, George, was very nice, as was the front desk staff (Marlene and Angel) and Matt, who let us keep our luggage in his office after check out time because the girls wanted to go to the wax museum before we left. The housekeepers were very nice also and always made sure we had lots and lots of towels!

The ONLY problem we had was that we had babies on BOTH sides of us and the sound drifted over into our room. It wasn't intolerable, but I had to sleep with a pillow over my head so that I wouldn't be awaken at 7:30 a.m.

Parking in NOLA is horrible, but my husband was able to bargain with the garage next door, and we only spent $70.00 for parking in a garage that had 24-hour security.

All in all, a very wonderful experience. We felt safe and the location was great without being smack in the middle of Bourbon Street (2 blocks away).

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — sound
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2008

My friend traded a red week timeshare to stay at Maison. We were told the one bedroom had a queen and a foldout bed. This is true. I was the guest of the timeshare owner and therefore got the foldout bed. This was the poorest excuse for a bed that I had ever slept on. The apartment was so small that it was difficult for two people to get around. The bed in the bedroom was very nice. However, the bedroom was so small that when we were trying to get our clothes out of the closet or dresser - only one person could be in the room.
I don't know how 4 people could ever be in that apartment. A hotel with two double beds would have been better and cheaper.

The only good thing I can say about the place is that the towels were nice.

Parking was an extra $15 per day.

Stayed March 2008
Spicewood, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2007

The Maison Pierre Lafitte in New Orleans, LA was a GREAT Place to stay. It was a EASY walk to everything in New Orleans. Very close to Bourbon Street and practically on Canal Street. Could walk to Restuarants, Grocery/Convience Stores, etc. CLEAN and VERY UPDATED/NICE Rooms. I stayed in a One Bedroom--had a small living room with a sofa and table/chairs with a large TV with Cable and a little kitchenette (Mini Fridge, 2 burner stove top, convention oven/microwave, coffee maker, and basic utensils. A seperate bedroom with a very comfortable bed and a closet and dresser. The bathroom was a little small, but had VERY nice fixtures and was very updated and clean--lots of mirrors and even a FLAT SCREEN TV in the BATHROOM!! Had lots of little "extras" in the unit--tissue, soap, shampoo, trash bags, paper towels, hair dryer!! The price was VERY CHEAP FOR WHAT YOU GOT--average of about $150 a night--which is CHEAP
in New Orleans!! I felt very safe at this hotel--I traveled by myself
and never felt that my safety was an issue.

• Liked — Location & Price
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Maison Pierre Lafitte? Share your experiences!