“THIS KATRINA TOUR WAS INCREDIBLE!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 205 Activities in New Orleans
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
Louisville, Kentucky
5 attraction reviews
“THIS KATRINA TOUR WAS INCREDIBLE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

I have been to many places & I have to say this Katrina/Rebirth Tour we took wih Historic New Orleans Tours was amazing - and our tour guide, Katha, was unbelievably knowledgeable, patient and interesting. The tour made me sad, made me happy, made me hope and really raised the bar for future tours. I highly highly HIGHLY recommend it - and I don't know how the other guides are but I would also recommend to ask for Katha. She made this tour an extra special event. I'll book more tours with them the next time I return to New Orleans.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
24 attraction reviews
“Fascinating and horrifying tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

The bus takes you to several of the neighborhoods where the flooding was the worst and you can actually see the canals which overtopped their walls. It was so much more devastating than we saw on TV, much more than the blighted Ninth Ward. The tour guide really makes you realize how much was lost: how many hospitals, strip malls, grocery stores, car dealerships and all the revenue and taxes they used to generate. The huge Hyatt next to the Superdome is an empty shell, which makes you realize the devastation, if Hyatt doesn't find it profitable to re-open. You see restored houses, and many which were not restored; it's still unknown what people will do with them. It broke my heart but was fascinating and some of the restored areas give one hope for the future of New Orleans.

Chicago
25 attraction reviews
“Interesting -Combines City Info with katrina”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

I recommend this tour which combines a city tour with a tour of Katina events. The tour starts in the city which we liked as we had not had a city tour. After covering the main sights in the city, you head out to City Park and the areas with major flooding. You will see the levy breaks, the crazy places people are rebuilding (within 30 feet of the levy break and in the shadow of the levy walls). You will see new homes- check out the Brad Pitt Project and Musician City in the lower 9th ward.