“Not bad breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Corner Oyster Bar & Grill

Corner Oyster Bar & Grill
500 Saint Peter St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3321 (French Quarter)
504-522-2999
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Orlando, Florida
“Not bad breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stopped in for breakfast which wasn't half bad. It was just enough for my husband and I. I ordered a bloody mary. I really like spicy bloody mary's but it was just too spicy for me. It was so spicy that I ended up sipping on it for over an hour and then threw it away, which for $10 I was not happy about doing but I got sick of drinking it... :) However, I will go back for the breakfast, it was just the right amount and not expensive.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Louisville
“Have a drink.......think twice about eating!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I wandered into this place because there was a line at the door. It must be good, right? I sure wish we would have checked Trip Advisor before sitting down and ordering a beer (which was a good price). My wife had a bloody mary which was good and cheap as well. That ended being the end of our good experience. I ordered an oyster po'boy and the wife had a grilled chicken salad. Yes, a chicken salad in the French Quarter is an odd choice. However, after a few days of rich and spicy food, she wanted something light. What she got was old greens, warm chicken and bad buttermilk ranch dressing. The po'boy was a lot worse. The oysters were over-fried, over-breaded and tasted old. They seemed to be just shucked because there were several pieces of shell in multiple oysters. So, I got fresh-shucked old oysters...yuck. The roll was plain and tartar sauce was miracle whip and sweet pickles.

The place was packed. Maybe our food was just bad and everybody else had a good meal. With so many bad reviews on Trip Advisor, I seem to doubt that. If I'm in the French Quarter again I may stop in for a beer but will pass on the food!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great lunch/dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great lunch & dinner, huge portions. Breakfast is ok, portions are a little small (to me, but I'm a big breakfast eater).

Visited July 2012
Emporia, Kansas, United States
“good food, slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

To give the restaurant the benefit of the doubt, I believe it was just our waitress. There were 14 in our group, sitting at 3 tables, all with different waitresses. The two other tables were waited on, served, and received food before we received our beverages.
Good food, great location! Give it a try and rate it yourself.

Visited January 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Just what you would expect as a tourist...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is that place close to many of the happenings that is packed every afternoon. We went to see why. It was like going to joe's Crab shack and expecting great seafood. Food was average. place was ok clean. Service was ok. Just dont go in expecting to be wowed and you wont be upset. average is the word

Visited January 2013