“Great Experience for my wife and I” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luke

Luke
333 Saint Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)
(504) 378-2840
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Luke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #198 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: French
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Poydras
Transit: St. Charles Street Car Line
“Great Experience for my wife and I”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We made reservations using open table and arrived about 10 minutes early. the inside of the restaurant is BEAUTIFUL. My wife started with a Cypress cocktail and I a Mint Julep. She enjoyed her drink very much and while mine was good, ive had better Juleps elsewhere. She ordered the Jumbo Louisiana Shrimp “En Cocotte” with a side of potatoes… She's not a big fan of grits…. I ordered the Monday Express Menu Item which was “Côte de Porc Poêlée”, a panéed Mangalitsa pork chop over red beans & rice. She said the shrimp were excellent, cooked just right and seasoned well. My pork "chop" was amazingly tender and seasoned... problem is, its not a chop... its about 3-4oz of meat sliced and put over the red beans and rice. This may be my mistake not knowing how it would be served, but when I hear pork chop I assume it's going to be a whole pork chop. We shared the desert - a decadent Baked Chocolate Mousse, consisting of a
Bittersweet chocolate & dulce de leche ice cream…in the bottom a chocolate truffle.. Slightly melted by the warm . The hostess staff were awesome. Our waitress Christina was very good, but obviously busy. She did make good suggestions and took time to answer a few questions. She checked on us during our dinner as well. Overall a great experience.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta
“Not good at all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had eaten here before and it used to be good - not this time! Food was terrible, restaurant was loud. Not at all up to par. There are many other worthy places to go in New Orleans.

“Go here for oysters!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Great little spot for super tasty local oysters!!! Also had some other really yummy stuff... But the oysters are a wow. If you want an authentic Sazerac get it here, and there are other good cocktails as well. I do not recommend the Flamenkuchen- just too much going on in one dish. Excellent service! Btw, during happy hour cocktails ate half off and oysters are 50 cents!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arkansas, US
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We chose Luke based on referrals from business contacts who had dined there previously. While the restaurant had what appeared to be emply tables, we were told our wait would be approximately 20 minutes. Since we were a party of 6 at 7:30 pm on a Thursday night, without reservations that seemed reasonable and we opted to wait. After waiting at the bar and trying to find a beer that wasn't out of stock, forty minutes later we were seated. Our waiter(s) came by and we placed our drink and food orders. The drinks arrived shortly, the food - not. When our food did arrive about 30 minutes later, the order of oysters I had placed was absent. After another 10 minutes the oysters finally arrived. During this period, our waiters were nowhere to be found.

My analysis: The food average at best with a limited menu. The service was extremely poor. While an attractive restaurant, the acoustics make it extremely noisy. I can just imagine how it is on a weekend night. This wouldn't be a place I would go for business or romantic meal. With the other amazing restaurants in the town, Luke's better get their act together.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Chic and Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Beautiful restaurant! We stopped in for dessert with no reservations on a very busy Friday night and were treated like royalty. Dessert was fabulous! Next time we'll come back for the whole meal!

Visited October 2012