You added AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area) to your Saves list
AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area)
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Cotton Exchange Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #61 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
“Mrs.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

The hotel is beautiful but this is not a hotel for family. First of all I requested a a room with 2 double bed and a sofa bed for my kids and they told me not a problem they can accommodate me.When I called tto verify it I was told the same thing. When I check in it was a different story. The sofa bed was only with the king bed. You have no privacy in the bathroom because the door is glass so having a teenage boy I had to send him out and my daughter when we needed to shower since the bathroom door is glass and it have a gap between the door and the wall. Also we had no hot water and sink would not drain the water out. We paid $34 plus tax for valet when time to check out it literally took 30 minutes before we saw someone to get our car. Thank god we only stayed a night. This was so not worth the money. Also our room floor was not balance. They had a beam from the floor to the ceiling and in between the floor and the beam a little baby can get his finger caught in it. When I complain to them in an email was told someone would call me by wed. Well Wednesdays pass yesterday and still have no heard back. Was told they would look into and train reservation about they do not have double bed. They also lied that the parking garage was attach to the back of the hotel. That was not true. We did one car valet and park the other one ourself. Should have went along with my first choice and stayed at the holiday inn. Remember new hotel don't mean better quality.... So disappointed. Will never stay at the A/c hotel or recommend it to anyone.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My Husband and I stayed at this hotel recently and we were really impressed with this hotel, especially how friendly and helpful the staff were, in particular, Paul on the reception desk provided us with an excellent welcome and really made us feel like valued customers, he fully explained all of the benefits that we could take advantage of and made sure that we had everything that we needed, he provided a great start to an excellent stay.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
MJKennedy221, Hotel Manager at AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you so much for your kind review and for the five star rating! We are honored you chose to spend your time in New Orleans at the AC Hotel and thrilled you had an excellent stay with us. We are delighted that our staff took really good care of you, especially Paul. I am glad to hear that he was very helpful and attended to your needs and made sure you were comfortable. I will share your wonderful comments with my team during the next staff huddle. We hope to have the pleasure of having you as our guest again soon.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have not stayed here but I live near by and love the bar there! Bryn and Erica are awesome bartenders and make everyone feel special. They have a great happy hour and they have craft cocktails on tap, which I have never seen before. Love this place! This is a brand from Europe so it has that European feel to it.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience at our lounge/bar. We are very enthusiastic about providing a unique and varied beverage selection, and it was so nice to hear your appreciation of our beverages and service. Our bartenders also pride themselves on their ability to create delicious cocktails based on guest preferences. Thank you for recognizing Bryn and Erica for the excellent service and hospitality they provided. Your feedback will encourage them to continue to delight our guests. We look forward to welcome you again!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We loved the look of the hotel and the decor. We just had no hot water. They were really nice about moving us to a different room. The first room we had was on the 6 floor and right across from the outdoor patio which is not what you want. There was a frat party going on and it was loud! Once we were moved later that night the water was warmer but never got hot. We could deal with that but then the TV wouldn't come on. (Not a big deal since we were staying one night). The staff was really nice. We may give it another try.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us recently and for the candid feedback. Although our associates were pleasant and helpful, we were not able to provide you with the perfect stay that you deserved. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered with both your guest rooms and the inconvenience this caused. Feedback such as yours is very valuable to us as this helps us to continuously improve our facilities. We are taking these issues seriously and will work on eliminating them, so that we can achieve our goal of providing a memorable experience for all of our guests. Thank you again and we are delighted to hear that you will give us another chance to prove ourselves on your next visit!

Burleson, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The AC is sleek and trendy. That works for some - not so much for us. The reservations and front desk staff were always friendly. But a sleek room with only ONE drawer is not what you need for a week-long stay. There is a long bench that held our suitcases. Better than nothing but I am not delighted by literally having to live out of suitcases for a week. There is no closet - just a two-foot square object made of angle iron that has 6 inches of hanging space, the one drawer and the safe. It is also the platform for the ironing board. Multi-functional and non- functional all at once. And be warned that the bathroom has sliding (some of the time) mostly frosted glass doors. If you are will be sharing the room with someone and require privacy you may find this to be uncomfortable. Not to mention that the doors wobble and come off the track from time to time. If you stay a week you learn how to get them back on track yourself.
My biggest complaint- the one I discussed with the front desk at checkout- was the inability of housekeeping to keep us supplied with coffee and cream. Three days in a row I had to call downstairs to have coffee or cream or cups or all of the above brought to us. I left notes that were ignored. When I suggested at checkout that all of housekeeping needs to be re-trained I was told that there had been a problem with their coffee supplier during the week. If that was true then Marriott's purchasing group needs re-training too.
The AC is fine for what I figure is the intended clientele - young business people spending a night or two. It is definitely not our style.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
We are happy that your overall stay with us was satisfactory. However, I am sorry that we were not able to provide you with a wonderful stay experience. Please accept my sincerest apology for the housekeeping issues and for the lack of attentive service from some of our associates. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on some grounds. I have discussed your concerns with the specific department heads, so that we can determine where we fell short and take corrective action.

We continually strive to improve aspects such as privacy so that our guests can have the most relaxing experience possible. Thank you for your feedback which will help us to improve our facilities and overall guest experience. We would love another opportunity to provide you with an exceptional stay in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had recently planned a trip to New Orleans for a weekend, but the hotel where I was booked had a small fire, which caused them to re-book me to another property. AS a rather experienced traveler, this sort of thing os nto uncommon. I was happy that they took care of the re-booking and gave me all the information in advance.

To my surprise, they had booked me at the rather new AC by Marriott, on Caronelet Street, just tow blocks off the beginning of the French Quarter on Bourbon Street, The hotel was a delight from check-in to check-out.

The staff was friendly and accommodating in every way. The location was within walking distance to all the entertainment for a weekend in the Quarter. Parking was provided at the Hilton on the same block. (Space is a premium in that neighborhood.) The hotel itself is deco modern, and clearly updated from the original building. Amenities were first class. The hotel has a nice Euro style breakfast buffett ($14), and a cozy little lounge off the lobby for a quick drink.

In all, we had a great weekend here at the AC, a name that I had not been familiar with even being a Marriott Gold Rewards member. I will definitely choose this hotel again!

Room Tip: Higher floors are above some of the citiy's noise, but you cannot escape it all in this central...
Green Features: No notice of specific eco policies. The bedding and linens were of nice quality.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
MJKennedy221, General Manager at AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, yesterday
We appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review about your recent stay at the new, European inspired AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon. We are glad that we were able to accommodate you and you were able to explore and enjoy our amazing service culture. Our staff is very committed to serving our guests with the utmost attention in meeting their needs. Thank you for recognizing my associates and I am happy that you enjoyed our central location, breakfast service, as well as, the great amenities we have to offer. I will be sharing your wonderful comments with my team, so that they will see that their efforts are noticed and appreciated by our guests. We are happy that you had a memorable weekend and you will be coming back to stay with us again!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Hotel is a block and a half off Canal Street. Turns into Bourbon Street on the other side of Canal. Extremely friendly staff. Surrounding neighborhood is ok but would suggest walking with at least 1 other person. Could not get local TV stations so no local weather or news. Also plan on using back elevators as front one is super slow. Very modern and trendy.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at our new, European inspired AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon with very modern and upscale features. We are happy that we met all of your expectations with our close proximity to Bourbon Street, French Quarter, as well as, with our service with a smile. All these makes us one of the most desirable hotels in the area. We hope to see you and your family again the next time that you are in New Orleans!

Hotel Manager

Been to AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area)? Share your experiences!