You added AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area) to your Saves list
AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area)
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Cotton Exchange Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #61 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Memphis
“shocking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

How in the world did this property get AC accreditation, let alone Marriott. We toughed it out two hours. The valet and bell staff are wonderful; everyone else from front desk to plumber all the way up to the manager - pathetic. The filth in our room was shocking. I am Marriott Gold, and have enjoyed AC in europe, and I hate to complain.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
MJKennedy221, General Manager at AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 2 days ago
We appreciate your honest feedback regarding your stay at the new, European inspired AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the lack of attention from our associates and that we failed to live up to your service expectations and our own standards. We pride ourselves on offering exceptional service to all of our guests so I'm sorry that you did not experience us at our best. Rest assured that we are taking immediate action to prevent this from happening again. In addition, we are redoubling our training efforts to reinforce to our entire staff that happy guests are our number one priority. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to make it up to you on your next trip to New Orleans.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Howell, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It was a nice hotel with a great location. New, very nice room. Not much of a view.
No pool or exercise room. Near the french quarter and many very good restaurants.
Bourbon Street is just 1.5 blocks away for fun and partying and Royal Street is near for
shopping for art or antiques. Just a few blocks away is my favorite New Orleans restaurants, Bayonas.

Room Tip: The only view is street side.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
MJKennedy221, Hotel Manager at AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for choosing to stay at our new, European inspired AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon with very modern and upscale features. We are happy that we met all of your expectations with good accommodation and clean facilities. This coupled with our close proximity to the French Quarter, restaurants and shopping outlets, makes us one of the most desirable hotels in the area. We hope to see you again the next time that you are in New Orleans!

Woodland Hills, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Last night I was bitten by bedbugs at this hotel. I told the front desk attendant and her reply was "aha" and nothing else. I came back later and spoke to the manager, her level of concern was minimal. I can't believe this is a Marriott property!

Stayed May 2015
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the issues you faced during your stay. Let me assure you that we have regular pest control throughout the hotel. Even though this is not a frequent occurrence we recognize that even one time is too many. We had a thorough checking done and found no bed bugs. I am happy that we were able to compensate you for your inconvenience. We do take such matters seriously and do hope that this unfortunate incident will not prevent you from staying with us again.

All the best, Hotel Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Before you arrive to the hotel you will be absolutely frustrated to the point of wishing you never came to New Orleans. The road where the main entrance is was under massive construction so much so that the two blocks took me 45 minutes. Additionally, this was a Friday at 11 am so there was no excuse, however, every other street around the hotel is massively under construction as well. Once at the front entrance, it gets better. UNLESS, you choose self-park. Unfortunately for anyone who chooses this path, good luck. The parking garage is one they share with the Sheraton. Thus, you must make a circle around the block which will take you conservatively, 25-30 minutes. Once there, the Sheraton Staff parking attendants are rude, clueless and not in any hurry. The parking spaces are extremely tiny for even my compact car and the ramps are at least a 15% incline. It is essentially a gutted/converted warehouse. Now, to the hotel. The hotel staff is nice but each one gives a different answer about the same thing. The hotel had just opened this past December so the staff are clearly working out some internal training issues. The rooms are fantastic. Smart tele's with youtube, netflix access, etc. Very modern room that is superior to the SPG W Hotel rooms. Very clean and everything was extremely well built. This style of room should be the new standard. Additionally, they have "hydration stations" on the floor which were free places to pour a carafe of lemon ice water for the morning after Bourbon street. Amenities, hotel bar and lobby were absolutely gorgeous. Additionally, the location in proximity to Bourbon street is ideal. It is essentially on Bourbon street but just a block before it technically becomes "Bourbon Street". The advantages to this is, the hotel can be seen all up Bourbon street so it's very helpful at 4am because just follow the GIANT AC Hotel sign which is clearly visible. Another advantage is since it is not where the foot traffic is, the hotel at night is as quiet as you'll get. Essentially, an absolutely fantastic hotel that still has a few kinks to work out, but that is understandable. Also, the entire city of NO is under construction so it's just bad luck that the hotel sits in a massive construction zone.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
MJKennedy221, Hotel Manager at AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for your detailed feedback regarding your stay at the AC Hotel at NOLA and for your generous four star rating. First of all, I am sorry for the inconvenience you had to go through due to the immense construction going on in our city. However, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your clean, quiet accommodation, as well as, all of the amenities we have to offer. Thank you for pointing out how conveniently located we are and am glad you did not have trouble finding us.

Although my associates were friendly, you felt they were not knowledgeable enough and were unable to address whatever questions or concerns you had. We will be redoubling our training efforts in this area and would like to thank you for your patience and understanding. Thank you again for your honest feedback and we hope to see you again when you are back in the area.

Woodland Hills, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Do not stay at this hotel they should not call themselves a Marriott. I am on day three now and the front desk service has been consistently terrible from the time I checked in. The hotel soundproofing is the worst I have ever experienced, I feel like I am sleeping on the streetcar tracks. The rooms are small and boxy, similar to a A Loft but somehow A Lot does this better. The staff is not professional they seem to be understaffed and not trained to the level of a "real" hotel. I would advise staying at the JW Marriott or any of the HIlton's.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
MKennedyNOLA, General Manager at AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 1 week ago
I am so sorry to hear you're not enjoying your stay. If you'd be so kind as to contact me,I'll be happy to assist and resolve your concerns. We strive to provide excellent service at all times and sorry to hear that that is not the case during your experience.

Melisa Kennedy
Miramar, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is 1 block distance from French Quarter, so pretty good location. The beds were pretty comfortable and that's really where the positive comments end. There were no drawers except for one tiny one above the safe to store your belongings. The bathroom was too small for two people to be in it at the same time. This is especially confusing because the room is huge so there was plenty of room to build a nice size bathroom. Guests are expected to keep all of their belongings in their luggage because the only thing for storage is a small metal rod above the safe with six hangers no closet doors drawers again, I repeat, no drawers. The toilet had a weird rectangular shape and was really big so I kind of felt as if I was falling in to it. Very uncomfortable to sit on. Ok two more nice comments: the employees were friendly and the hotel is very clean and smells great.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the new, European inspired AC Hotel NOLA for your recent stay and for sharing your experience. I was disappointed to know that you were not too impressed with the design of our rooms and bathrooms. I would like to share that ours is a historic building with European designed rooms. We do have different room sizes to choose from and our modern, eco friendly toilets are from Germany. I’m sorry if you did not find it to your taste, however, I am glad that you loved our location, comfortable beds and friendly service. We do hope that these positive aspects of your stay will bring you back again for another visit.

Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were in town for the second weekend of Jazz Fest. Found the hotel easy enough, though the construction happening on the street made it a little tricky to pull in for the valet. Speaking of valet, they were top notch!! Always pleasant and conversational when we were dropping off or retrieving our vehicle. The rooms are quite modern, and while we did miss having a dresser with drawers, we made do with the long shelf along the wall and just had stacks of our clothes and put our shoes underneath. I don't know why another reviewer claimed there were no glasses in the room. Had they looked in the mini-fridge they would have found not only the glasses but bottles of water. We didn't patronize the bar or restaurant, but both looked quite lovely. When I come to New Orleans, I plan out our meals almost as carefully as I plan our days at Fest! We liked the hotel enough that we're already booked for our return in October for Blues & BBQ!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to avoid street noise
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and for the five star rating regarding your stay at the new, European inspired AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon. Our staff is very committed to serving our guests with the utmost attention in meeting their needs. Thank you for recognizing my valet staff for their hospitality. We will be sharing your wonderful comments with them, so that they will see that their efforts are noticed and appreciated by our guests. We are pleased to hear that your positive experience is bringing you back for another stay with us in October. Hope you enjoyed the fest!

Hotel Manager

Been to AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area)? Share your experiences!