“Still working out the kinks” 3 of 5 stars
Review of AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area)

You added AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area) to your Saves list
AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Cotton Exchange Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #55 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Denver, Colorado
“Still working out the kinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The decor of the hotel is nice and modern and the King size rooms were plenty large. The showers were also very nice with waterfall heads. The closet doesn't really exist but is sufficient enough to hang enough up for a week. Drawer space is limited if that's a concern. The beds are great and the TV is very nice where you can access Netflix, Hulu or YouTube. Now the kinks... Housekeeping is not consistent. One day you'll have a shower may or towels the other day they are removed and not replaced. Also had some prior guest things not taken care of. The workout room was 75-78 with humidity which is not fun. I will say that management did apologize and took steps to correct what they could. What they can't fix today is the noise from the front street. Well you get ear plugs. Ask for a non street facing room but make sure it's not an interior room either. Staff generally was pleasant enough. The location is very close to all the action. Great vacation hotel but not a very good business hotel.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
MJKennedy221, General Manager at AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, yesterday
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. Iam very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations. I believe that we were in contact during your stay. We are taking the necessary actions to make corrections. Feel free to let me know when you will be visiting again in the future so that I can ensure you have a great visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Can't say anything about the rooms but their lounge is worth a visit for either a local or tourist. Great environment, even better cocktails. Extremely knowledgeable and friendly staff. Our bartender Cassie made excellent drink recommendations the entire night, both on and off the menu. Worth the stop of you are on the neighborhood.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Krystal H, Manager at AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, today
We're glad that you stopped in while you were in the neighborhood! It sounds like you had such a great time. Can't wait to see you for more of Cassie's drinks.

Best,
Waynesville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here during a business trip and absolutely enjoyed my stay. One of my colleagues checked out of her hotel after she saw my accommodations. The hotel has a European feel to it, but it is not over the top. From the moment I checked in, it was hassle free. The decor and layouts of the room are great. Definitely will come back.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Krystal H, Manager at AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 4 days ago
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We always want to make our guests feel right at home, and we're happy that came through for you. Hope we'll see you again soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First, I really wanted to write a review to Marriott however, my survey expired so here I am. As a frequent traveler I could tell right away that this property is something special to New Orleans, its a gem. The building has been newly renovated but maintains a lot of its originality. It's minimalist, cosmopolitan, european vibe makes you feel like your somewhere chic unlike other corporate hotel chains. Other than the conditions of the hotel, the staff was truly exceptional.

For example…

when arrived in the early AM from a horrendous red-eye flight out LA it was still several hours before check-in, the staff (with a smile) was more than willing to arrange some cleaning duties around to get me checked in early. When Chelsea made my room key she throughly informed me of the hotel amenities. I didn't particularly like the room I was assigned so (reluctantly) asked to change. Chelsea and the front desk were super nice in accommodating me. They even gave me a map and tour of the available rooms in the property. Needless to say I found a beautiful I was happy with.

The hotel manager (sorry, I cant recall her name.. Michelle?) was lovely. She made it a point to chat with me over the course of my stay. She was quite knowledgeable and gave me insight into the culture and history of the city. I fell luck to have had that opportunity.

The doormen were always happy and helpful in giving us directions and tid-bits on the city.

The bartenders were amazing! You must go see them for a special cocktail. Given the hotel doesn’t have a full kitchen, I only had one meal. The roasted chicken dish was surprisingly good. And be sure to ask for their recommendations on where to go and do. After all, they know their city the best.

I hope you enjoy your visit as much as I did. And to the staff, thank you for making it a great one.

Cheers.

Room Tip: 3rd floor has high ceilings.. and corner rooms seem brighter
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
It was our pleasure! We know how painful a red-eye flight can be, so we were more than happy to get a room for you as soon as possible. There's nothing quite like fresh sheets and a nap after a long, long trip!

Anyways, thank you so much for pointing out our great staff. We will be sure to show this review to everyone. The team will be so delighted.

Thanks again,
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is three blocks from Canal St/Bourbon St. It was a good place to be, however, the VERY local restaurants were actually in the business district and closed early, so you pretty much had to go to the French Quarter to eat in the evening.

Take a day to purchase a day pass, and take the streetcar to the end of the line and come back. $3 for the whole day.

Room Tip: Based on other comments, we asked for 'an inside room'. The streetcar runs along the front...
Green Features: Reduced room service - decided by you. However, when we did get new linens, I had thought they would also give us clean glasses, but they did not. There was a water carafe that you could use when you picked up ice.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Sounds like you enjoyed yourself! Thanks for the fantastic review. Keep us in mind next time you're in town!

All the best,
Barrington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm a long time (lifetime platinum) Marriott customer but this was my first time at an "AC". The staff here was very helpful. It lives up to it's billing as a "European" style design but that has a few glitches (not lifethreatening just strange). The hotel walls seem to be a bit thin since we heard a lot more than at most Marriotts. Also, the lobby was notable in it's noise level - very high. We were there during French Quarter Fest so that may be a part of it but it still seemed much louder than normal. Also the bathroom design tries to be "European" but kind of fails on a couple of levels. The sink is a very stylish square sink but in depth you can barely get a hand full of water. Also, whoever thought about tissues must have never stayed in a hotel. You look for the standard slot but all they supply is a small packet with about 5 tissues (why!). Light in the bathroom was incredibly low (both for me shaving and my wife trying to put on makeup). Design is different in that there was no closet and the bathroom door is two translucent panels that slide (bang sometimes) together.

Physical location of the hotel is extremely good. It's two blocks from Bourbon street (just out the door and turn left). It's also right off Canal street (for the trams).

All in all, I'd stay there again but a few tweaks would be in order.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thanks for that feedback, John. We do have a different aesthetic, but we find that our guests usually get a kick out of it. That aside, we're glad you enjoyed yourself, and we hope to have you back next time you're in town!

Best,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is kinda goody. When we walked in, I thought I was that tired and swiveling while walking then my daughter pointed out that the floor is crooked..not leveled. She put the bottle on the floor and started rolling. The gap on the door looks funny. Small and definitely won't stay again. Looks like they did a renovation coz it looks like their bathroom is more updated with the funky lighting that made me dizzy when youre dealing with headache in the morning. front desk checked us in and no one there to help us with luggage or valet. We parked to self parking and its way cheaper than their 38/night. We checked out and move to Marriott on Canal st. Which is a better location, bigger and more comfortable bed.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
MJKennedy221, General Manager at AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your candid feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel wasnot up to par. Please note that this information has been passed on to our concerned staff. Despite this, we hope to be able to welcome you back on a return visit to New Orleans.

Been to AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area)? Share your experiences!