“Excellent stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area)

You added AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area) to your Saves list
AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area)
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Cotton Exchange Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #77 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
“Excellent stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My Wife and I were over pleased about the friendliness, knowledge and inviting attitude of every Hotel Staff Member. A very well trained and professional crew. When we arrived we were greeted by the Hotel Manager herself. Thank you Ms. Melisa for such great hospitality. We are already looking forward to our next New Orleans visit and no doubt the stay at your hotel.
Again, thanks for making our stay in your city an awesome experience.
Regards,
A. Rome
Orlando, Florida

Room Tip: Our room was very spacious, crystal clean, and very comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

if you are looking for a "hip" and upscale place to stay near the French Quarter, AC Hotel is the place. Great rooms, Great bar and Great customer service. The bar is the hidden secret of this location.

Room Tip: Rooms with high ceilings
Green Features: AC hotel gives you the option to replace or keep your towels
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

A friend and I booked to stay here for a few days for Mardi Gras 2015. I read that this was a new hotel so I had to check it out. I am so glad I did because it is now the only hotel I'll stay at when I visit the Big Easy.

LOCATION: Close to walk to all the craziest of Bourbon Street but far enough not to hear it. I recommend a room toward the rear if of the hotel if you want the the least amount of noise.

STAFF: The complete definition of Southern Hospitality. So attentive and friendly. We were checked-in by Kevin, who was very professional and helpful. He gave us great recommendations during our stay for all the local attractions that we didn't already know about. The check-in process was very simple and efficient. Alan the bartender was also great and made an amazing cocktail.

ROOMS: European modern style rooms that are simple and clean. The beds were very comfortable and the amenities were great. They had makeup remover wipes! I also appreciated the shoe shine sponge. There is not much storage but we came with two carry-ons so it was perfect for us. The bathroom design reminded me of a hotel I stayed at in Paris with the frosted doors and rain shower.

BREAKFAST: By far the best continental breakfast in the French Quarter. I think we consumed a whole tray of the fresh baked croissants during our stay. They also had fresh prosciutto and nice selection of cheeses (great Brie). I liked that they had almond and soy milk. My friend enjoyed the greek yogurt. They also had me when I saw the Nutella. The service was superb and they even gave you little to go bags if you wanted to take anything extra. In our case, many croissants.

OVERVIEW: This is a great commuter or business hotel. I like its sleek modern feel and awesome staff. The rooms are great for smaller parties with not a mass amount of luggage. The bar and breakfast make it a unique spot to enjoy good food and drinks with friends. I absolutely loved my experience here and highly recommend.

Room Tip: High floor rear of of hotel for a quiet room. Must have the breakfast.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

For a city hotel this is a very good one. Rooms are fairly small (bathroom especially), but still a very clean property - as it should be for less than a year old.

While there were nice touches such as the "rainfall" ceiling shower head, somebody got a little too fancy in their design. It has been said in other reviews and I will reiterate it in no uncertain terms here: The bathroom door design sucks completely. As a Platinum Premier member, I have seen plenty of Marriott properties, including a few Springhill Suites with sliding translucent doors. But even those sealed fairly well and often had a bathroom fan to cover up odors and various noises. Not so with the AC Hotel New Orleans.

In a city best known for it's outstanding food and plentiful drinking, the bathroom will inevitably come into play. While all those wonderful smells are great going in, they don't necessarily inspire when coming out. So the last thing I want to do is hear my spouse or other traveling companion making post-digestion gumbo. Nor do I want to smell said gumbo as the odor fills the bedroom from doors with nice big gaps all around. Or see any of the efforts of that post-digestion chef through barely closing doors that are largely translucent for all the world to see. It may look great in an architect rendering, but it is pretty crappy (in every sense of the word) when executed in real life. No exhaust fan either, my wife may divorce me after a particularly active meal of red beans and rice.

My only other complaint is a heating/air conditioning system that doesn't work well in other Marriott properties and definitely didn't work well here. We got here and it was 82 degrees outside. The room temperature was 75 and it took hours to get it to 69. It stayed that way for about an hour and then began climbing up during the night even as it got much colder outside. Fire regulations mean all the windows are sealed (see bathroom smell note above) yet this system blew warm air even when we set the thermostat to 59 degrees. It was 74 degrees by the time we woke up - in a sweat.

The breakfast is good but not great. Seems the most money was spent on a fancy prosciutto ham slicer that nobody used. Interesting take on egg dishes with some French-inspired quiches, but nothing to write home about. No fresh fruits other than whole apples, very little bread, and no oatmeal either. Service was non-existent as they were busy folding napkins/silverware for the next service. We had to track somebody down to see if we could sit anywhere. And $14.95 for this meager breakfast whether you were Platinum, Gold, or otherwise. At least others had warned about that so it wasn't a huge surprise.

Front desk staff was very nice, as were the bell staff and valet. While I wouldn't stay here again unless I was solo (see bathroom notes above), it is still a very nice property.

Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at the AC Hotel in New Orleans. The staff was great, and as with all Marriott Hotels, the sleep comfort was excellent. But the hotel didn't look like a Marriott. This is their new foray into the Euro hotel line. It is much more hip (lots of minimalist chrome and wood (?) floors). Not really my taste, but it was fine. It's advertised as the French Quarter area, but truthfully it's slightly more in the central business district, but not a long walk at all to all the action. Our room looked at the side of a parking garage, but since we were only there for a night, it didn't bother us too much. More than one night and that would have been annoying. Overall I would recommend it.

Room Tip: If they can give you a room with a street view, it would be more pleasant.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
MJKennedy221, General Manager at AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We hope that your next visit is just around the corner! You might enjoy checking out our happy hour in the AC lounge the next time you stay!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This hotel is good in theory, but in execution it is terrible. While the decor of the hotel is hip, euro, and modern, the service falls far short. My room was not serviced on the second day of my stay, and I was told it was because I had used the do not disturb sign overnight. I had taken it down when I left the hotel in the morning. Returning at 7pm to find my room not serviced was a disappointment. I got to sit in the lobby for about an hour where they blast music.

Apart from that, despite it being a brand new hotel, I was surprised to see stains on the carpet outside my room (see included photo). Couple of other issues: 1) the hotel gym was closed for a 'photo shoot,' but thankfully I was able to use the gym at the JW Marriott; 2) the internet in the room did not work properly and I had to call down to the front desk repeatedly, something about a 'Radius connection issue.'

I will not stay at this hotel again, and I will encourage my friends to avoid it as well.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. All your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service, especially houskeeping. We will ensure your feedback will be given to all. I am confident that our new Executive housekeeper that has just joined our team will be able to turn these issues around quickly! Furthermore, I will personally supervise that all your other complaints are addressed that everything will be in order on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back then.
Norfolk, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We arrived on Friday the 13th of February and left on the 18th. Our room was not fully cleaned any of the five days we were there. We had to call housekeeping to get fresh towels. My daughter and her husband had a similar experience. They were more interested in cleaning the rooms of the new arrivals to get them in rather than take care of the rest of the guests. The facility is nice but I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: No comment
Green Features: They had a sign saying you could reuse your towels. Other than that, I have no comment.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
MJKennedy221, General Manager at AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 5 days ago
I am very disappointed to hear that you found our service to be below your standards. Wewould like to know more. Please email us with a phone number or email address so our Hotel Manager can discuss your issues personally.

Best Regards,
Melisa Kennedy

Been to AC Hotel New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area)? Share your experiences!