You added AC Hotels by Marriott New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area) to your Saves list
AC Hotels by Marriott New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area)
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Cotton Exchange Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #28 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Lost In The Linen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

You've seen a number of favorable reviews touting the great location to downtown, superb service, and their unique appointments. We do concur and will only add that AC has followed and gone beyond the expected quality in your Marriott bedding experience. Enjoy getting lost in the palethera of pillows, and settle in to the heavenly mattress covered with luscious linens.

Enjoy.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bossier City, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is a great new addition to the city. It is within walking distance to everything & the Street Car runs right in front of the hotel. The other good thing is that you can easily get to the French Quarter but are far enough away that you don't hear the party when you are ready to sleep.
The hotel itself has a very modern feel & the rooms are big with plenty of space to work.
The staff is top shelf & accommodating. Will definitely stay again & not just for work.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

As a frequent business traveller to New Orleans I have stayed at all the luxury hotels as well as mainstream brands. I had thought this would be more like the Conrad or the Saint, nope. The front desk agent was similar to those properties talent level and helpful, but then I was transplanted to East Berlin. Claustrophobic room size and I was upgraded as a Marriott Platinum member to a corner room.

Granted, everything is new and clean. But, dark and oddly laid out. I can't imagine staying for more than one night.

Certainly a European style hotel, but when priced like other more impressive properties close by...not a return choice. Lots of niches in the New Orleans hotel market, this one is for Europeans on a visit to this great city.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
MKennedyNOLA, General Manager at AC Hotels by Marriott New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. i am sorry to hear that you were not happy. Our historic building does offer very unique floors plans. Most people find it fun and interesting. It also allows us many different options to find one that can suit your needs. i am happy to give you a tour and help you pick the one that is your favorite. Feel free to ask for a tour anytime and embrace the historic richness with a strong european influence!
i hope you will stay with us soon!
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked into this hotel and checked in and checked out in a manner of five minutes. I was booked into the "deluxe corner" (nicest room in the hotel). This is decidedly NOT a business hotel. It is very odd but honestly not in a good way. The rooms are tiny, I mean super small with a veneer type floor--weird.

It is a rather different hotel as well in that it is only 5 or so stories tall and I suspect it is rather loud as the street car runs right next to the hotel and during my very short time in the building I heard it twice.

They are "trying" to be hip in a sort of Euro trashy sort of way, like The aLoft of The W or even like SLS in Beverly Hills but the AC in the Big Easy is not even close to those properties.

I moved over to the JW, my normal go to and am very happy here. The JW bills themselves as "quiet luxury" and that is NOT the case of the AC--sorry guys.

On a positive note, the staff seemed super nice and wanting to be super helpful, just not my cup of tea.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else unless you are under 35.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
MKennedyNOLA, General Manager at AC Hotels by Marriott New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! As the very first AC Hotel in America, your comments are valuable to us. i am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. AC Hotel is a brand imported by Marriott from Europe. We feature hardwood floors, european inspired furnishings and all in a nationally registered historic landmark. Our 8 story, beautiful historic building has original windows that allow you to feel the city. We are located on the streetcar line, giving you access to anywhere in New Orleans!
The Marriott portfolio offers a wide array of hotels, each unique in style and service. We regret that we are not the brand for you. However, we are pleased to know that you enjoy staying with our family at the JW Marriott. The AC Hotel is a lifestyle band that is unique in a timeless, sophistication with a strong european influence. We encourage everyone to find the Marriott brand that best suits their tastes and needs. Perhaps you might enjoy coming by for a small plate and a carefully crafted cocktail during your next visit to New Orleans!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I honestly made an account just to tell you all about this hotel. After a LONG day of travel I arrived at the front desk to be greeted by Teresa. From the moment I walked in she made me feel as though I was a familiar and welcome face. I arrived very late at night but was ready to jump right into the "Nawlins" swing of things. She sent me to this awesome restaurant/bar/music venue that was off the beaten path but completely unforgettable. She gave me this map that she marked up with all her favorite places so I could go explore after my meeting the following morning(PS If she tells you that Hobnobbers has the best roast beef poor boy in the world, believe her!!).

The hotel has a very cool and modern tone. Teresa upgraded me to this awesome corner room. It had this huge arched window that looks out into the street. The bathroom has a waterfall shower, which is a rare find in a hotel. The gym was small, but has everything you need to get it done. One thing I can note about the gym is that the machines connect to My Fitness Pal, which I thought was a pretty cool touch. The only thing I would change about the hotel is the lighting.

All in all this was probably the best experience I've ever had on a business trip. I got a chance to get a little taste of the big easy, which includes that hospitality the south is so famous for. She has made a loyal guest out of me and I look forward to my return.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
MKennedyNOLA, General Manager at AC Hotels by Marriott New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We greatly appreciate your wonderful review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! Hopefully you will be able to stay with u again on your next trip!

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This new hotel has all that you would need for either business or pleasure but, as an AC property, don't expect all the same Marriott reward perks. AC works differently.
1. The hotel lobby and bar are beautifully decorated. Quite contemporary in design and visually pleasant. Limited but carefully selected assortment of wines and beer. No beer in bottles or on tap. Only cans. Our bartender Wayne bent over backwards to accommodate our needs. The tables in the bar area come equipped with a remote button that you press every time you need service so you can really enjoy your conversation without having to find a waiter. They will find you. Just press the button.
2. My room was very comfortable but minimally decorated and quite dark. While bathroom is lovely, the lighting is not conducive to a women's make up needs. Blow dryer was awesome but room needs more lighting!!! I was on the top floor but since floors are hardwood, I imagine you might hear the clacking of heels above you if you are on a lower floor.
3. Breakfast is $14 for a European continental style. Buffet with fresh fruit, yogurt and cereals. I found it a bit pricey especially considering that the hotel is surrounded by cheap breakfast joints offering American style breakfast for half that price.
4. Staff was divine and all around friendly and helpful.
5. Noise volume: I could hear voices from the room next door to mine on the 8th floor. And there were some random sounds during the night which kept waking me. I couldn't pinpoint where the sounds were coming from. Pipes in the wall perhaps?
6. Location: perfect. Close enough to all yet far enough too.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for all of your candid feedback! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us! We will definitly take note of your concerns and review with the design team for solutions. Being is a historic landmark does sometimes bring challenges. We will do our best to remedy those while preserving the historic nature. We hope that you will stay with us again soon!!

Vancouver, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Checked in late evening on 12/1/14 and was assigned room 233. As an FYI this room has no view to speak of and faces other rooms and the roof of the lobby. Looks to be there are several rooms that will have this same view. One positive of these rooms is it is very quiet but very little light enters the room. Seems not all rooms are completed as they were still working on 237 and 238 during my stay.

AC brand hotels are in Europe and this hotel stayed true to other AC Hotels I have stayed in in Spain and Italy. There are no pictures on the wall and rooms are very stark. Maybe they are adding later?

Hotel rooms are very modern and sleek. Hotel is in a great location and one positive of being just outside the French Quarter is it is relatively quiet. Turn left out of the hotel and Carondelet turns into Bourbon Street at Canal (two blocks). Hotel serves breakfast only that I can see (did not partake) and has a full bar in the evenings on the lobby level.

Overall impression is favorable but as a new hotel they are still working out some kinks. All the employees I interacted with were very friendly.

Positives:

- Location
- Brand new hotel so everything is nice and new
- Good fitness center (although small)
- Friendly staff
- Lots of plugs and USB ports
- Rain shower was nice
- Fast and free internet
- AC works great (once I figured out how to work it)

Kinks/Negatives:

- Platinum Premiere member and was given a low floor room with no view and no apparent upgraded room (my profile asks for high floor rooms).
- No concierge I saw or displays of things to do in New Orleans that I saw (I am very familiar with NO and didn't need it but other guests may).
- Hot water didn't work on day one but was fixed.
- There was no Hotel Services directory book in my room. I asked at the front desk and they seemed to be confused and one was never brought to the room as promised. Maybe they don't do these books (the books that are in every hotel room I have ever been in telling you of hotel services, airline telephone numbers, transportation options, dining, fitness center, laundry, etc.).
- Room was dark due to facing atrium and looks like several other rooms do this as well.
- No dinner options at hotel that I saw (in New Orleans this is not an issue for me as I will always eat out but may be for some).

Overall a great stay and will be back when in the area if the rate is good.

Room Tip: If you don't want to stare at other windows ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share you experience! We have just opened the hotel, with today being our grand opening. We certainly do have rooms that will allow you a view of the city. I'm seems that Teresa chose a quiet room for you because you arrived so late. We wll be happy to ensure that you receive a different room on your next stay. The AC hotel is a new brand for the US, that features modern technology. One of those items is the guest directory can be found on the television. We also keep maps and other tour info located at the front desk upon request. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to New Orleans!

Been to AC Hotels by Marriott New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about AC Hotels by Marriott New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area)

Address: 221 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Cotton Exchange Hotel)
Location: United States > Louisiana > New Orleans
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #28 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Hotel Class:2 star — AC Hotels by Marriott New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area) 2*
We offer an immersive and authentic travel experience here in New Orleans' most iconic neighborhood. Gracious, comfortable, and chic, our 220 hotel rooms stretch over eight floors, and feature complimentary mini-fridges and crisp duvets. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your AC Hotels by Marriott New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage AC Hotels by Marriott New Orleans Bourbon (French Quarter Area), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.