“Charming” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Orleans

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Orleans
Chateau Orleans
You added Chateau Orleans to your Saves list
240 Burgundy, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #109 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
SGV, CA
“Charming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

If you want to stay in the French Quarter but somewhat away from the loud noise, this is the place! charming B&B style, brick house, original wood floors. They are in the process of renovating many of the units, so some of them still have somewhat original equipment (bath, kitchenette, etc). If you are looking for a resort style stay, look else where. If you are down for small, quiet, CLEAN place, this is IT!

Staff is very friendly, gave lots of good advice of where to eat.

Parking is very expensive in the area, the resort offers parking but still cost $30 a day. I was told later, it doesn't cost much to get a taxi ride from the airport to French Quarters. Public transport (streetcar) is very easy and cheap. Plus, you can WALK all over the French Quarter.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

A girlfriend and I spent a week exploring the French Quarter while staying at the lovely Chateau Orleans. Great location only two blocks from both Bourbon St. and Canal. Our accommodations were a small 2 story house inside a tropical courtyard. The full kitchen was newly remodeled and the furnishings were attractive and comfortable. More floor or table lamps in the living room and bedroom would have been useful. Free wifi throughout the resort so making dinner reservations, etc. was simple. The manager, Paul, was so helpful and accommodating. He booked an excellent swamp tour for us as well as a plantation visit. Overall, a good place to stay with true NOLA ambience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard and away from the busy street.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

As with everything in life, your expectations will dictate your experience. This is a nice enough place, in an amazing location, with rates that are pretty standard for New Orleans. They do coffee in the courtyard on weekdays, bloody marys on the weekends, and have regular cleaning service for trash, new towels, etc. The Chateau Orleans is not new, it's not super updated, and it's not always the most pristine (but let's face it... neither is New Orleans; you're gonna get a little dirty there, ya heard me?) - it is comfortable, clean, safe, and a great place to stay in New Orleans... I've been staying there since 2001, and I'll be back again and again and again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

My husband was about to have a big birthday and had never been to NOLA. I booked the trip just two weeks ahead of time. With the SF 49ers playing the Saints that weekend all hotels were booked.......My score! I found Chateau Orleans which was in the best location possible. The rooms were clean, well appointed and the hosts were friendly and full of information. The town house was magnificent, renovated up to date but still full of old NOLA charm with chandeliers, crown moldings and so much more. We will be back and hopefully will be lucky enough to stay here again! This was my 5th trip and Chateau Orleans was the best place I have stayed. Oh, I almost forgot the Bloody Mary's...I have NEVER had any hotel, B & B, Time share or even a private home who let you make your own on Saturday and Sunday mornings...excellent!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My family and I recently stayed here for a family vacation. I was a little hesitant to stay after reading some of the reviews, but was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. There are signs everywhere stating that they are currently undergoing renovations, and you can tell that they are seriously upgrading things. The walls are painted with beautiful murals, the courtyard is very nice, the pool is clean, and Mary, Paul, and Susie were all VERY helpful.

Overall Our suite was decent but it had very dated furniture and flooring. The walls were recently done, there were new lighting fixtures, and the place was pretty clean. The whirlpool tub is permanently out of order, but we had not planned to use it anyway. There were other rooms that were further ahead in the upgrading process and they had full sized appliances and newer furniture.

The location of this place is GREAT! You can walk just about anywhere in the French quarter and it's is two blocks from bourbon st. I would recommend this place and the only reason I won't give it five stars is because they are not done renovating yet.

A word of caution, if you plan to have a car prepare to pay a lot for parking. The hotel does offer a parking pass to park in the garage, but it's about 140 a week. Also, do not valet your cars because the valets are very careless and often speed through the parking garage.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Been at the Chateau Orleans three times, and just learned my lesson. Liked the place because of the location.
But after getting raped by the prices they charge during the Essence festival or any other large
event going on in the city.I will never come there again. I paid 3 weeks in advance for the fourth of July weekend. 7/4/13-7/8/13 for a 1 bedroom $915. I was told when I arrived they needed a card for incidentals. 2 weeks after the trip, I reviewed my american express bill, and realized The Chateau Orleans charged me another $915 dollars. I used my debit card initially. $1830.00 is an expensive dam mistake..TAKE A CHANCE ON A 2 STAR HOTEL,THAT CHARGES 5 STAR RATES IF YOU WANT....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
phillipsburg, nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We also traded our timeshare week for this hotel. Yes, this hotel is currently undergoing some renovation, but it is important to keep in mind that the building is well over 100 years old, with all of the charm and quirks that come with a building that age. That said, the room was clean and more than adequate - not too noisy at all. Mary, Paul, and Susie were all informative and friendly. The location of the hotel is ideal. This is one of the very best vacations we have ever taken. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Chateau Orleans? Share your experiences!