“Nice place to eat while at The Ritz” 5 of 5 stars
Review of M Bistro

M Bistro
921 Canal Street, The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)
504 524 1331
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
M Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #391 of 1,603 restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Burgundy and Dauphine
Transit: Located along Canal Street and available by Canal Street Streetcar, RTA City Bus, and Taxi Cab Services.
Description: Ranked as one of the top Farm-to-Table hotel restaurants by Travel + Leisure (January 2011), M bistro’s menu is an indigenous approach to the preparation of the finest meats, seafood and produce from farmers throughout the Gulf Region. Special reservations are available at one of three velvet-draped cheater’s booths or the semi-private Wine Room. Jackets are not required.
“Nice place to eat while at The Ritz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Had breakfast and in room dining from M Bistro. Food terrific. Service in restaurant was good. Breakfast buffet has lots from which to choose. Food really good. Nice place to relax for breakfast or lunch while staying here at The Ritz.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Tampa, Florida
“Server not polite food average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I was not impressed with the restaurant at all. Our server was not polite and took our order filled our drink glasses with water and left until it was ready, we were not offered anything else to drink. The salad and the entree arrived at the same time so we had to choose eating cool salad or hot entree. We received the bill with a 20% tip added I especially did not like that because we had such bad service.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

only went because it was pouring and we didn't want to leave the Ritz- but WOW- great meal, our son the foodie gave it a "top 5 ever" rating (he's only given such a rating 3 times)

Visited July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Maybe I got the wrong thing...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I went with friends and was not bowled over. Its a great atmosphere, but I found it to be overhyped. I think if I would have gotten the infamous spicy bbq shrimp then maybe I would have loved it. I am not a shrimp-shell-picker-offer kind of person, so I could not stomach peeling their crunchy shells and having their beady eyes look at me. Yes, I am squeamish. Anyway, I had some bland potato leek soup, which the waiters could not remember what I had ordered less than 5 mins prior and gave my soup to someone else.... pivot points anyone? I then had the grilled chicken watermelon salad. I dont recommend it. It was bland and tasted blech. And when I asked the waitress for separate checks you would have thought I had asked her to drink my urine. Overall, I wouldnt return-- not the kind of food I enjoy.

Visited July 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Poor service, overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Was looking forward to dinner at MBistro, compliments of a Trravelzoo voucher last Friday (07/13). Place wasn't too crowded, we were seated right away. Our waiter, Peter, was rude and condescending. Service was poor. I thought, "OK, it is us, two males dining together, perhaps he has problems with it" (if he does, he should not be in the hospitality industry). However, I was mistaken..Looking around problems with service were rampant, not isolated to Peter. A woman got up and complained several times about sporadic service..she ended up being served by the maitre d' or some management type. The table next to us (two couples: Peter was also the server) got terrible service. While my partner and I were talking, Peter kept interrupting putting down silverware, practically getting on our face, no apologies. I could have gotten better service from a robot. Given the prices, location and pretense (M Bistro at the Ritz-Carlton), and the kind of service I have come to expect from the Ritz Carlton, this place failed miserably. It seems that many customers were taking advantage of the voucher offer and they could have been a bit over their head. If so, why bother offering vouchers? Don't businesses realize that vouchers are really a promotion that can bring back costumers (or not as in this case). A couple came in and left within 20 minutes..I overheard them say since nobody had come to their table. Was this an off night? Doubt it. It seems that their main clientele are hotel guests.

Now the food...chicken gumbo ($12),..I could have gotten a more substantial bowl of gumbo and better quality locally, this is New Orleans, after all. A little over a spoonful of rice and maybe a demitasse of gumbo. Entree (I will call it redfish courbouillon...they called it redfish in redgravy) was acceptable, nothing to rave about..looked better on paper. My friend had the pork chop which he enjoyed, but had to ask me what are "haricots vert"? As he said, why not write down "green beans". Dessert was the best. Creme brulee was done to perfection: thin, good crust, served with fresh berries and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Coffee at $4 a cup was overpriced..some of the best restaurants in town charge $3 max. Tighten your act, and remember, not all your clients are tourists..some of us know the cuisine quite well.

• Visited July 2012