“Great Seafood!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 1,672 Restaurants in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Houston, Texas
“Great Seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2015 NEW

As a former New Orleanian, I usually tend to be wary of French Quarter restaurants because I have had the "tourist treatment" one too many times (rush in, rush out, mediocre food/service...) I am SO glad I gave Oceana Grill a chance to change my mind. This place is truly a hidden gem. Friends recommended it to us on a previous visit and we stopped in for lunch; now we make a point to come here every time we are in town! This trip, we just came in for a "snack" before heading to the airport. We love the BBQ shrimp, and the crab cakes are amazing!! Great food, reasonable prices, friendly staff. Our server, Errol, took great care of us. The restaurant is low-key and laid-back; we were not rushed at all. We really enjoyed our experience.

• Visited April 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Yummy food good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2015 NEW via mobile

The Oceana Grill is a good place for some seafood. They have a few meat entrees also if you don't like seafood. I especially recommend the breakfast seafood jambalaya...scrambled eggs, crawfish, gator, and shrimp over rice with tasty sauce.

Visited May 2015
Auburn, NH
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2015 NEW

Our dinner here was excellent. We wondered a bit when we arrived and the restaurant was nearly empty, but that's apparently just because a lot of people don't know what they're missing. Both of our meals were delicious and the service was friendly and efficient

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Too touristy for me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2015 NEW

It's fair. Probably good for most cities. Clean. Well appointed. Good staff and systems. But, they are just too bland for a city with such competition.

Tried the grilled oysters and gumbo. Both were good but too bland for me.
M

Piscataway, New Jersey
“The food is still Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2015 NEW

I recommend we eat at Oceana Grill in the French Quarter and as the first time I was not disappointed. The food was very good. The services was great. Everyone acknowledged us as we went upstairs and once we finished and left. It was a good feeling.

Visited April 2015